cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom desktop app cannot find network / will connect

Muzique
Listener

Hi,

Working on Macbook Air with  MacOs Monterey 12.6.

I installed the latest version of the desktop app, set the permissions in the firewall for incoming connections, but when I try to launch the desktop app I get messages that the app cannot find a network connection. 

Not sure what to do/where to look.

My network connections are working fine, have a 1G fiber optic internet connection.

I have no problem connecting to zoom on my iPhone that uses the same home network.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Rachel,

Did all that. Plus, Microsoft teams has no problems. My connection is 1000MB Up and Down, so that should not be a problem. Restarting the computer, closing down all other apps, re-installing. Zoom does work on my mobile that uses the same networks I have in the house. It doesn't matter if I use a wired or wireless connection. So I can't figure out what the problem is. 

KayQ
Listener

Hi

I have the exact same issue although my internet is working (I can surf net and even watch videos) so I doubt it is an internet issue. I have a feeling that the latest version of zoom is not fully compatible with the latest Mac OS system. I referred to this website https://appletoolbox.com/zoom-stuck-on-connecting-mac/ and went through all the steps. My zoom only works after I deleted zoom, reinstalled and restarted my laptop each time I logged into zoom and a meeting. Even so, after each meeting, zoom will stop working as I cannot join further meetings (the screen will be frozen) and I have to quit zoom, restart the laptop to join the next meeting. I have sent in this concern to the zoom support team. Hope they can address it soon.