cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom creates empty folder on my Mac, while in other people’s meetings and I didn’t record

Sharo
Listener

Zoom creates a folder with the name and time of the meeting, but it is empty. I do not record the meeting. This doesn’t happen all the time, only for some meetings, but always for a meeting someone else hosted. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CosminU
Listener

Hi all,

I think I found the solution, at least for me it works.

Below a screenshot of the 2 settings that need to be changed on ZOOM Settings portal, so this can stop from happening.

Hopefully this solves you problem too.

Good luck.

best wishes,

Cosmin U.

zoom error solution.JPG

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Sharo! So sorry for the late response, but are you still having this issue on your Mac?

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you for the reply. Yes it happens occasionally.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this? 

Do you have any suggestions for this issue? I am having the same problem.

Hi. It's not just on Macs.  I just discovered a ton of empty folders in my Zoom folder - one for every meeting I've had since last fall that are not recorded.  Thanks.

This has been happening to me since I moved to a new laptop. Extremely annoying! Can't find a way to disable this (except for recorded meetings or chat transcripts, obviously).

Hello Bri. Can someone from Zoom please reply? There are a few people who have posted here with the same problem.  Thank you 

It looks like this problem is growing, but no one from Zoom is responding.  For those of us with subscriptions because we facilitate a lot of meetings, it's causing problems because it's confusing and takes a lot of time to open each folder to see if it can be deleted.  A response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

totally agree!

JudieP
Listener

I have the same problem but I'm on a PC.  It started 3 days ago.  A date-stamped folder is created but it's empty.

Kegb
Listener

Me too! I have an iMac and it creates and empty folder for EVERY meeting I am hosting...since I am a music teacher, this is a lot of folders on any given day and I cannot find the ones I actually did recordings in easily since they are mixed in with empty ones. How do I get this to stop? It didn't used to do this!

arianeparas
Listener

Same here. Zoom automatically creates empty folders on my mac after each of my meetings. It's been happening for a few months. any ideas?

Sam_G
Listener

Hello!

I also have this issue on Windows. @Bri, please let us know when a solution is available.

Have a nice day!

CosminU
Listener

hi,

it started to act the same for me, but on windows laptop, yesterday was the first time experiencing this kind of behavior, out of nowhere.

can please someone from Zoom step in and help, it gets very annoying !!!

thanks,

Cosmin.

zoom error.JPG

CosminU
Listener

Hi all,

I think I found the solution, at least for me it works.

Below a screenshot of the 2 settings that need to be changed on ZOOM Settings portal, so this can stop from happening.

Hopefully this solves you problem too.

Good luck.

best wishes,

Cosmin U.

zoom error solution.JPG

Thanks so much.  It's unfortunate because I need to save the chatbox following a meeting, but I'll just have to remember to do it manually.  Have a great day!

Teresa

This is great, but it used to only create the folder when there was something in the chat (which I like to have) and not create a folder for every single meeting regardless. Started happening within the last few months and it's extremely annoying. 

Totally agree lexie2023.  I'm curious how many people have to complain before zoom will do something about it.  

Pascale1
Listener

Same problem here! Zoom, please help!