cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom crashing issues when joining

Peyton1
Listener

So when I try to join a zoom meeting it keeps crashing or it says zoom not responding in the task manager. This also happens when I open up specifically the audio section of the zoom settings. I've tried most things like my windows is up to date, reinstalling zoom multiple times, and updating all my drivers but it still doesn't work. If anyone could help me resolve or find a solution that would bee great. 

15 REPLIES 15

DDubZoomer
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello Peyton1,  usually on Windows operating systems, this behavior occurs when browser or PC resources are lacking.  I suggesting the following.  

1. Clear browser cache and cookies
  2. Check in Windows Task Manager if there are multiple instances of Zoom processes running.  If so, close or kill those processes
  3. Clear Windows temporary files from cache using the Windows Disk Cleanup utility
  4. Validate that Zoom has the required permissions for the camera and microphone. This can be done in the Settings app in the Privacy-> App Permission menu.  Validate that the permission to allow the desktop to access the camera is enabled as well as the microphone.  You can find these settings on the side menu.

DDubZoomer

Thanks for the suggestions actually it worked. Not sure which one worked because it did them all and then a restart fixed it. Thanks for the help!

DDubZoomer

You are welcome!

hey this is happening to me right now  i tried everything and its still doesnt work 

DDubZoomer

Hello Jabirar,

Are you getting error messages?  What is the behavior you are experiencing?   

Its The Same Issue And I Tried All The Which U said Here And  It Still Has The Same Issue 

DDubZoomer

Which web browser are you currently using?

google chrome 

DDubZoomer

Hello Jabirar,

I posted an update yesterday, however I do not see it published.  What steps did you take to clear your Google Chrome browser cache and cookies?

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More .
  3. Click More tools Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
  6. Click Clear data.

DDubZoomer

Excellent!  Please do the following.

1. Quit/close Google Chrome and re-launch it.
  2. Quit/close the Zoom client and re-launch it.  
  3. Lastly, have a colleague start a Zoom meeting and invite you to join it. 

Please reply with the results of your ability to join the meeting.

DDubZoomer

Thanks for the tips.  I got the video to work, but audio isn't.  Which settings app are you referring to? Windows or zoom.  I don't see a Privacy App Permission option in zoom.

Thank you!

DDubZoomer

Excellent!  Please do the following.

1. Quit/close Google Chrome and re-launch 
  2. Quit/close the Zoom client and re-launch it.  
  3. Lastly, have a colleague start a Zoom meeting and invite you to join it. 

Please reply with the results of your ability to join the meeting.

DDubZoomer

it still has the same issue

DDubZoomer

Hello @Jabirar ,

You mentioned in an earlier post that you had tried the suggestions I made to the original community member of this post, in addition to clearing browser cache and cookies.  They were as follows.  

1. Check in Windows Task Manager if there are multiple instances of Zoom processes running.  If so, close or kill those processes
  2. Clear Windows temporary files from cache using the Windows Disk Cleanup utility
  3. Validate that Zoom has the required permissions for the camera and microphone. This can be done in the Settings app in the Privacy-> App Permission menu.  Validate that the permission to allow the desktop to access the camera is enabled as well as the microphone.  You can find these settings on the side menu.  

You mentioned that performing these tasks has not resolved your issue.  One other option is to try joining a test meeting from this support page  .   If this is not successful, I believe your best course of action outside of,

1. deinstalling the Zoom client,
  2. rebooting and reinstalling the client,
  3. closing all tabs to reduce browser memory usage

is to call or log a support ticket with Zoom technical support to have a support engineer do a forensic analysis of your issue.   You can reach Zoom support at this link .

If this response has resolved your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below to share this solution with the Community

DDubZoomer