cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom crashing/disrupting other Windows Apps

Frustrated57
Listener

Zoom was always a little flaky itself, but since the "apps" were added, now it crashes other windows apps every time I use Zoom - not all apps, and different apps on different sessions.

Corrupted and killed apps include Outlook, Thunderbird, Firefox, Windows explorer.

Prior to the zoom app upgrade the only problem was occasional zoom crashes when sharing a screen (computer has three screens in use), although often it would say it has crashed, but actually keeps working. With the latest version of zoom, I can't share a screen.

Can I completely kill off the Zoom Apps, or can I go back to an older version of zoom?

Outside of zoom, the machine/windows is quite stable (which is why I will NOT be upgrading to Win 11...).

Dell XPS15 with current Win10, 32Gbyte ram, TrendMicro security

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Frustrated57 , apologies for the issues you are experiencing with the Zoom application.  Can you please  completely uninstall Zoom by running and downloading CleanZoom, rebooting your device, and then reinstalling the Zoom app.  We just released a new version that fixed many reported bugs. 

Let me know how it goes!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

bramdfd
Listener

the new zoom is still, have a problem with camera,sometimes its freze, distort, maybe they missed some camera driver,  my sugestion is try install the older ones , maybe 5.12 or 5.13.0 ,because lots of my client is have an issue with the zoom update, as long the zoom still support them try the older one, until zoom fix the update