cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom crashes

noahg
Listener

Hi

I've just bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy Book and downloaded the Zoom app. But everytime I have joined a Zoom meeting it crashes. The meeting is with 2-4 participants including the host. It usually works for a couple of minutes before it freezes. On my screen the other freezes but my picture is still in motion, but I can hear them saying "Are you there? Where did Noah go?" I try logging on again, but same thing happens, it crashes after a little while. Then I log on from my Chromebook, which is older and it works. But I bought the new computer to have better Zoom experience. 

I use a cabled ethernet-connection.

I have tried to re-download and re-install the Zoom app.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @noahg 

Do you ever get any specific error message?

Does Zoom ever become unresponsive to controls, or is just the video that freezes?

Is your news Galaxy Book fully up to date with Windows and driver updates - and any updates from Samsung?

Can you try installing the 64-bit version of Zoom?

https://zoom.us/client/5.8.0.1324/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64

Does the problem occur both when on battery, or when plugged in to power?

If you keep your Video (camera) OFF, does that change the behavior?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rupert

Hi @noahg 

Do you ever get any specific error message?

Does Zoom ever become unresponsive to controls, or is just the video that freezes?

Is your news Galaxy Book fully up to date with Windows and driver updates - and any updates from Samsung?

Can you try installing the 64-bit version of Zoom?

https://zoom.us/client/5.8.0.1324/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64

Does the problem occur both when on battery, or when plugged in to power?

If you keep your Video (camera) OFF, does that change the behavior?

Hi @Rupert
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I will try to see if that fixes the issue.

Hey @Rupert 

Your link worked for my 1:1 session today. i hope it will also work for a group call later this week. Thanks a lot.

Hi @Rupert ,

I am facing the same issue my video gets stuck when I am in a meeting and the Zoom App becomes completely unresponsive. Pls help I am facing lots of issues because of this. I have to use Zoom on a daily basis.