cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom crashes when I try to share my screen

Klackey
Listener

HELP!  Zoom crashes when I try to share my screen with one other person.  I have a strong internet connection and my windows computer, Lenovo, is fairly new and works great.  However, since the fall of 2022, zoom keeps crashing when I share an ebook on the screen share.  (Any ebook makes the zoom screen crash.)

I have uninstalled zoom and reinstalled it.  

Any ideas?  I am a teacher and need to use zoom with students one-on-one for extra help.  So frustrating that zoom keeps crashing.  I am a paid BASIC member of zoom, but CHAT Support from zoom has need been able to help me.

Thanks,

Klackey

6 REPLIES 6

DanjPeterson
Listener

I have been having the same problem on my HP Spectre.

Thx123
Listener

I had similar issues on my brand new dell as well.    I had to update all drivers  including bios.  I'm sure lenovo has some sort of utility that tells what which drivers are available for update.   Also switched from 32bit zoom to the latest 64bit Zoom.   I'm no long having issues and can confidently share in zoom.   good luck.

freeseek
Listener

I have the same exact issue. It has become impossible to share anything over the last few weeks. My Zoom (Linux version 5.13.7.683) reliably crashes every time I attempt to do so. Any update on this?

I resolved mine - eventually, there was a set of updates (including a bios update) that I installed, and then I uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom. Worked fine after that.

For me it seems that the problem only arises when using Zoom with Wayland while it works fine with Xorg

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Klackey ! Are you still experiencing this problem? If so, please try the troubleshooting steps outlined in this article from our Zoom knowledge base that was recently updated: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/14000196278541 

Let me know if that helps!

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?