cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom crashes then attempts to startup meeting again

twnty20
Listener

Never had this issue until today. Tried to enter a meeting multiple times and kept getting this message followed by it booting me out of the meeting then it attempts to start again. 

Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @twnty20, The NaCl hang-up error means that the app crashed. According to previous cases handled by our support team, there is no way for us to reproduce the issue and determine the specific cause.

Google has started the retirement process of Chrome apps (see Chromium Blog: Moving Forward from Chrome Apps), stopping support for Chrome developer SDK a few years ago. Chrome apps may encounter some unknown behavior or crash on new Chrome devices as a result. 

Additional resources
Can I still use my Chromebook now it is no longer supported?
Chrome OS is close to end of life

The good news is that there are alternatives:

1. Users experiencing this error should use the Zoom web client. You can do this by clicking the 'Join via browser' link on the page that launches the Zoom meeting.
  2. Users experiencing this issue can also use the Zoom app on another platform such as Windows or Mac.

Hope this provides you with some guidance! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @twnty20, The NaCl hang-up error means that the app crashed. According to previous cases handled by our support team, there is no way for us to reproduce the issue and determine the specific cause.

Google has started the retirement process of Chrome apps (see Chromium Blog: Moving Forward from Chrome Apps), stopping support for Chrome developer SDK a few years ago. Chrome apps may encounter some unknown behavior or crash on new Chrome devices as a result. 

Additional resources
Can I still use my Chromebook now it is no longer supported?
Chrome OS is close to end of life

The good news is that there are alternatives:

1. Users experiencing this error should use the Zoom web client. You can do this by clicking the 'Join via browser' link on the page that launches the Zoom meeting.
  2. Users experiencing this issue can also use the Zoom app on another platform such as Windows or Mac.

Hope this provides you with some guidance! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!