cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom compatability with macOS Monterey and ATEM Mini

Ian_S_Hill
Listener

Hi, 

I have set up a Zoom Studio using an ATEM Mini to connect HDMI devices (camera, Windows laptop, MacBook Air, and iPad Pro) Target platforms Windows 10 desktop and two iMac desktops (macOS El Capitan and Monterey).

All ran smoothly until I connected to the iMac running macOS Monterey when I found that all video images were upside down. While I could have used the video rotation facility under Setti8ngs / Video, I reconstructed the Zoom Studio to the older iMac and there was no video inversion.

I then went back to the newer iMac desktop (macOS Monterey) and the video issue disappeared.  I then used the MacBook Air Laptop as the host machine (also on macOS Monterey) and again no issue.  And I have not been able to repeat the issue.

All Mac machines, as well as the Windows 10 desktop, have been updated to the latest Blackmagic  ATEM Switchers 8.6.4 Update.

Has anyone in the Zoom Community had a similar experience and what was the solution?

Cheers,

Ian

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Ian_S_Hill, have you attempted to uninstall/reinstall and update your Zoom client to the latest version

Back in version 5.8.3, we fixed a camera rotation issue. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Ian_S_Hill, were you able to update your client to the latest Zoom version to see if that helped? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Ian_S_Hill1
Listener

Hi RN, I did not see your messages until now but I did install the latest Update 5.8.4 and that appears to have revolved the issue on both the iMacs (Monterey OS and El Capitan OS) and the Windows 10 PC.  Coincidentally, I did have a video inversion issue on my Mokose C100 HDMI camera but that was due to Vertical Inversion being set ON during a power up sequence, and readily resolved via the Camera Menu facility.    In short, issue no longer exists, an thanks for your support.  Cheers, Ian