cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom closing when I type a message in chat

spectortraining
Listener

When I try to use my chat feature while in zoom, it kicks me out of zoom completely.  It’s so frustrating!  I can receive messages but when I try to type a message this is when it happens. Please advise.

7 REPLIES 7

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @spectortraining , thank you for your contribution to the Zoom community! Welcome 🙂

That does sound strange. Have you recently updated your Zoom desktop client? You might need a simple update and computer reboot to solve this issue. Keep me updated!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

spectortraining
Listener

Yes, the Zoom client is updated to version 5.11.11 (8245)

Thank you for getting back to me! Are you referring to in-meeting chat feature or Zoom Chat on the desktop client?

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

spectortraining
Listener

In-meeting chat

Thank you for getting back to me! Apologies for the delay. I've seent this happen in the past and a simple uninstall/computer reboot/reinstall solved the issue. Can you please try uninstalling using the steps outlined here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-the-Zoom-application#:~:text=Open%2...

Let me know if after rebooting your device and reinstalling you still encounter this issue in the meeting. Thank you!

Carla

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

KimSorrelle
Listener

I have the same issue. I've been using Zoom for years. The issue I am having is new. Every time I try to type in chat, I get kicked out of Zoom. I deleted Zoom from my computer. I downloaded and ran the extra program to clean out Zoom entirely as was suggested. I reinstalled Zoom and it is still kicking me out when I try to type in chat.

KimSorrelle
Listener

I need it fixed. I am desperate!