cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom camera continuing to freeze

zandemcclu15554
Listener

After the recent update to my zoom application (version 5.7.4), every time I have been on a zoom meeting, the other person has continued to be frozen. This problem occurs in every zoom meeting that I have been on, with every person on the other end. Their video is freezing up on my end. One part of the confusion is that I have been connected to the internet through an ethernet connection. Do you know why this issue is continuing to happen and what do you think I should do?

8 REPLIES 8

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @zandemcclu15554

Have you tried uninstalling the Zoom client, restarting your computer, and then reinstalling Zoom? That may help your issue, but its hard to say. 

If that doesn't help and you'd prefer to rollback to a slightly older version, here is the download link for version 5.7.0: https://zoom.us/client/5.7.0.522/ZoomInstaller.exe

Rompack
Listener

https://zoom-us-zoom.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions

I recommend trying 5.6.6 till the problems in the 5.7.X versions are fixed. 🙂

Have you a link for the 5.6.6 version?

Thank you in advance😊

This was a link to the 5.6.6. Version

JonC
Listener

I've been having the same / similar problem with the other person's camera since the new update. Their camera will work for a while and then freeze up on me.

If I'm lucky it might unfreeze in 30 - 40 seconds. Sometimes 8 - 9 minutes and sometimes never. If I ask them to restart their camera, it works straight away.

I am using Windows 10 and have tested this with Chrome, Edge and Firefox - same issue.

I spoke to Zoom who sent me a clean tool which I used and installed the 64 bit version which hasn't helped. I'll try rolling back to one of the earlier versions and see how it goes.

rosee
Listener

Mine too ..... and I thought that it was me!🙄

JoL1974
Listener

Yep, this has been happening to both me and my partner on two different laptops - only since the last software update a few weeks ago.  Presumably, zoom are aware of this and working on a fix! 🤔

JDH1
Listener

Thanks for posing this question.  I have the same problem.  Immediate fix is to minimise and then remaximise the screen. Not something you want to be doing too often as you will clearly look fairly distracted to the other person on the call.  I have found myself just looking at the other person (on 1-2-1 business called) in that very small minimised screen which is okay in the short term.  Looks like a roll back to a previous version is called for.