cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom call length for free version

johnmac808
Listener

Hello,

I want to record a webinar by myself.  Is this limited to 40 minutes in the free version?  

5 REPLIES 5

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Free users' meetings will only have the 40-minute limit when 2 or more other participants have joined the session. If it's just you in the session, you will have have that time limit. 

Hi,

Zoom has suddenly decided to limit my sessions to only 40 minutes even though it's only me (hosting) and one other participant. Has the policy changed?

Thanks, Simon

I had the same problem today. my counselling client and I were part way through a session and it cut off. not good!

merry77
Listener

Related to call length for free version:  I have the free version, and I have been asked to host a meeting originally set up by someone who has a paid version.  I will be logged into my free account and use the host code she provides to be the meeting host.   Will I still be subject to the 40 minute limit?

Bort

No, because you are only acting as the host in the meeting (needing to use their host key to claim host controls), this meeting will not use your account to determine how long it may last. The system will always choose the original host's account/license to determine how long and how many participants are allowed.