cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom buttons and controls not working

samb223
Listener

Every time I try to host or join a meeting, the controls are gone just replaced by a white box, and I cannot press any other buttons. They do not work, even if I try to close the window, the button doesn't work. I use zoom every day and it just started this morning. I even tried to redownload zoom, still did not work, on the app or the browser platform.

3 REPLIES 3

MicahHoffman
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Sam!

Can you share a screenshot of what you see when you try to join or host a meeting?

Are you on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Chromebook? 

Basic Troubleshooting:

-Try restarting your computer.

-Sign out of your Zoom account on the Zoom App and test joining a meeting when you are signed out, and then sign in again and test if the issue persists.

-Completely uninstall the Zoom App and then download it again from Zoom.us/download

-Try on a different network (maybe you can tether to a Cellular Data connection) to troubleshoot if this is caused by internet connectivity or firewall issues.

Thanks,

Micah

BMN
Listener

I'm using Zoom (5.12.2) on a Mac running High Sierra (10.13.6) and have limited access to the controls.  Clicking on the 'Available' button – the button that has an user's initials – brings up a menu, but instead of staying on screen, it vanishes, never staying on screen long enough to actually use.

This happens whenever I try to use Zoom.

danitomas
Listener

Hi.
My buttons don't work .
 I tried everything. It's been this problem there over 3 months. Uninstall, installed different versions, etc

I cannot even write messages, click on reactions, etc. 

Menus open and in a second, they dissapear. 

Any way to fix this? thenks!!