cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom build for Raspberry Pi OS 64-bit?

cbarn
Listener

Hello!

Wondering if Zoom would consider building a 64-bit ARM64 version of the Zoom application for the Raspberry Pi OS - full 64-bit version was just released, Debian-based so hopefully not a huge stretch.  There are currently ways to get Zoom running on a Pi, but performance and feature-set suffer - the best I've been able to manage so far is running Ubuntu for RPi and running Zoom in the Chromium browser - it works, kind of, but a bit slow and awkward.

From a use-case standpoint - the Pi is a cheap (~$40 USD) and small unit, with the addition of a wireless keyboard/mouse combo like a Logitech K400+ and a USB webcam/microphone you could easily transform any TV or projector to a Zoom station - think churches, schools, meeting halls, etc.  Being able to run the actual app rather than running in a browser would make it very easy to setup a dedicated kiosk-like setup in these types of areas to facilitate Zoom meetings without having to lug in a full computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I am not aware of any plans to develop a version of Zoom for Raspberry Pi, but you can certainly submit any product feedback via our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

I am not aware of any plans to develop a version of Zoom for Raspberry Pi, but you can certainly submit any product feedback via our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!

cbarn
Listener

Thank you @Bort I'll do that!

JustMe3
Listener

Can zoom be run in the Chromium browser on a Raspberry Pi?