cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom break out rooms

Pwashing
Listener

Hi, I am not able to view the participants in each breakout room created like I did in the past when joining breakout rooms in meetings. Also the breakout room that I choose is no longer visible once I join. I can  see the room numbers or titles of each room only. I am using Basic Zoom on my IPad Air 2.  Has anyone  else experienced this problem and if so how did you fix it. Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Pwashing are you the Host of the meeting? To manage breakout rooms you will need to be on the Zoom desktop client or web client. As you cannot manage breakout rooms on iOS. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi RN,

No I am not. I was asking if anyone had an issue like this and what was done to fix it.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Pwashing, not sure If I, myself noticed that you were able to see participants before on iOS before joining breakout rooms. For example, the screenshot of the current version of Zoom on iOS when trying to join breakout rooms with a participant in Breakout Room 1. Is this what you're seeing? If so, I believe this is just by design and intended user experience. 

However, I am able to view participants that have been assigned by the host as well if joined on the web client and desktop client.

So I believe this is just a limitation on iOS. I did give permission to participants to choose their own room as well. Suggest submitting any feedback you have to https://zoom.us/feed as that is where we take all product feedback. 😀

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!