cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom app locks up PC on Windows 11

FiberGuy
Listener

On my newest 'souped up' PC, I haven't had any issues ... until I started making Zoom calls & meetings.  Now ... it randomly freezes MY image, but allows the audio to continue.  Then, it might miraculously restore itself for a little while, but inevitably, my PC will fully lock up.  I then have to REBOOT, but not sign out of my Zoom session.  When I reconnect to Zoom, everyone is still on the call and we resume.  And this is when I'm the HOST on these calls.

So, none of these issues happened until I actually RUN the Zoom program.  The fact that Zoom is installed, doesn't affect it.  If I haven't run Zoom after a REBOOT, this PC basically runs non-stop forever.  No issues.  But as soon as Zoom is LAUNCHED, the mystery begins.  How long will it run before locking up and then finally freeze?  Very embarrassing and inconvenient for my clients on the call.

I've replaced video cards, reformatted the BOOT drive and reinstalled only the minimal amount of programs.  Still happens.  I'm pretty sure that it's the Zoom app, since it works perfectly for weeks ... until I actually RUN the Zoom app.

Can anyone give me guidance how to stop this issue?

My direct email is:  ***********

1 REPLY 1

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! The Zoom community is not really a place to troubleshoot issues such as this. That is why we do not allow you to provide your personal email address. I suggest that you open a support ticket with our team and we can work on this issue with you. We have methods to pull logs from your computer and determine where the issue could be present. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?