cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom app freezing in windows 11

Manthila
Listener

In my computer with windows 11 Zoom Cloud meeting software, the meeting window freezes frequently.  In those occations I can't close or click any meeting control further more. what should I do??

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Manthila, @rhm1y, and @kushalvarshney thank you for the feedback on the experience of Zoom with Windows 11. Assuming, we're in the works to releasing updates for the support of the launch of Windows 11. As of now, Zoom is officially not supported, however, Zoom will probably relatively work. You can stay up-to-date with our blog and release notes

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

Ismaelgans
Listener

Hi! For me my computer freezes

I need to power off  manually

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

rhm1y
Listener

Same here., apparently only when I am host and screensharing. I have to launch Task Manager and kill the Zoom process. Zoom then immediately reconnects me to the meeting without any impact on the other participants. Weird.

I am having to following the same resolution, end process on task manager and then client relaunches. When this has occurred, I've been the host but someone else was sharing. We were also using Live Transcription at the time. The issue presented with the live transcription freezing, the icons next to participants in the participants list disappearing and I would not interact with the client at all. It also appeared to only present after being connected for more than an hour.

Please Note: I am running Windows 10.

kushalvarshney
Listener

Windows 11 crashes during Zoom video calls

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Manthila, @rhm1y, and @kushalvarshney thank you for the feedback on the experience of Zoom with Windows 11. Assuming, we're in the works to releasing updates for the support of the launch of Windows 11. As of now, Zoom is officially not supported, however, Zoom will probably relatively work. You can stay up-to-date with our blog and release notes

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Long back I have reported this to Microsoft as well as, now this issue is sorted after the Windows update.

Hey, you mean that by updating to Windows 11 all the crashes of Zoom have disappeared?

Any updates on Windows 11 support?  It's been a couple of months with numerous releases.

Hi!

still facing the zoom freezing problems in windows 11 after tried all possible solutions. When it will resolve???????

Run the app in compatibility mode.

Right click on app, properties, compatibility tab, select windows 8 

Yes, if that does not work, I also recommend resetting your pc (with all your files backed up) or downgrading back to Windows 10.

Worst possible advice ever? Second worst: buy a new computer. Third worst: go off the grid and live in a cabin.

The issue is solved now lmao

It's back. Which is why I was on this page searching for possible solutions. 

This was the miracle. Great advice to run the app on compatibility mode. Solved all mi nightmares. Many thanks!!!

The sooner the fix happens, the better. Windows 11 is awful for Zoom and Teams. Wish I had never upgraded.

Ismaelgans
Listener

Hi! For me my computer freezes

I need to power off  manually

My computer freezes every time I record, the last 2 weeks - windows 10 - any suggestions?

EmilioPuga
Listener

I have the same issue in Windows 11, whenever I try to get into a meeting, the app becomes very slow; and when I open settings, it completely freezes. 

Most of the issues that I had were fixed with today's update, but the app now completely freezes when I open camera related settings (such as video and background & filters). Very annoying.

I have the same exact problem. Have you found a solution to this issue?

The only thing that worked for me was completely resetting my PC. I had it changed from an HDD to an SSD, to my whole computer was wiped, but Zoom worked flawlessly again. If you plan to do this, make sure to make a backup and be careful with your data and accounts.

Thank you so much!

msantolu
Listener

for me, now on windows 11, the zoom chat is very slow. the letters take quite some time to appear after i press a key on the keyboard

opbluelegend
Attendee

Fix 1 – Modify Zoom settings

If Zoom keeps crashing on your computer, try adjusting the Video Rendering Method to see if that helps. ... Select the Video tab and click Advanced. Under Video Rendering Method, choose Direct3D11 from the drop-down menu. Restart Zoom for the changes to take effect.

Thanks for the fix, but changing the formats did not work. However, I used the Windows problem solver to reset all my camera settings and now everything works just fine.

yinkamarto
Listener

Run the app in compatibility mode.

Right click on app, properties, compatibility tab, select windows 8 and viola!!!

Thank you.  It knocked out my computer audio so troubleshooting that now.  But at least in launched!

ChristineGold
Listener

My computer freezes every time I record, the last 2 weeks - windows 10 - any suggestions?

schultzeworks
Listener

I solved my problem by getting a wired headset. Apparently, my freezes were due to some bluetooth interference with my wireless headset. 

Part of my problem is using the Jabra brand headset by itself. They give you a USB dongle to use and it's USB-A only. All of my laptop ports were USB-C. The Jabra headset is very fickle wihtout their own dedicated dongle. 

My wired headset fixed all of the problems.

yellowbird
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

My computer freezes frequently during a meeting after I purchased a new computer which is on Windows 11.  Please help.

Hello. I have the same problem with Windows 11.

I am intensively using Zoom for 3 years. I bought a new ASUS i7, win11, 16GB RAM . Now zoom is freezing after 1hour, and I have lost the record of an important conference.

Please help.

Jaynay
Listener

I have a top of the line PC and my zoom is crashing in meetings.  How do I get this resolved, I have reinstalled windows and tried everything?

Zoom freezing and eventually crashing because of R... - Zoom Community

If you have MSI afterburner or RTSS rivatuner installed it could be causing the crash, check out the post above.

StinaStone
Listener

I've been having the same issue for ages. I have a high spec custom built machine and Zoom constantly fails. I've followed the advice on this thread and many others and none of it worked. However - early days but I've found that the following has made a difference so far:

Go to settings > video > advanced

Then untick "optimise quality of the video I send with de-noise" and " optimise quality of the video I receive with super resolution".

So far this has worked so far as I open a meeting and can actually select the controls immediately without everything freezing. I can also share my screen without it dropping out but yet to test it with another participant. Keeping my fingers crossed it works because I use Zoom all the time to deliver online masterclasses and have client meetings and dropping out every time I share my screen is a huge issue. Even looked at switching to Google Meet, so if this doesn't work, I think I'll try that for a while.