cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom and Google Calendar Issues - Not Authorized

Matthe
Listener

We have issues with users getting "not authorized" messages when selecting Zoom meeting links in Google Calendar event (Web based Google Calendar).

Or remedy has been clearing the browser history but that does not always work.

This issue pops up weekly. Chrome versions and Zoom versions are all updated in 99% of the cases.

There has got to be a better more reliable fix out there?

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Matthe, have you tried to unauthorize and then reauthorize? It's possible that Zoom still using previously generated access tokens. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Matthe
Listener

Please clarify what you mean or what process you are asking about. We authorize via Okta SSO

This is one way we are instructing users to remedy but I do not think it always works, depending on if user is performing the entire process correctly.

1 Log out of Zoom  App. (Quit)
2 Clear Browsing data in Chrome
3 Quit out of the Chrome app
4 Open Zoom app and authenticate via SSO
5 Open Chrome, log into Okta > Zoom and then Google Calendar.

Let us know if that clears up the issue. I have inquired with Zoom as to this issue and am still gathering information.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Matthe there is a similar case I am following upon. 🙂It looks like in the meantime until I get a better solution, can you try to use an incognito window or clear the cache in the browser and see if the error goes away? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Matthe
Listener

Incognito is not a viable option as a remedy. I already indicated we have tried just clearing the caches.