cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom account to have dial in numbers from China and Hong Kong

Samprocell
Listener

Hello - I am in need for my Zoom account to have dial in numbers from China and Hong Kong to be allowed for a client I am working with. I am located in the United States and members in China have had trouble logging into my Zoom account. Under setting I noticed there is a red X on the China and Hong Kong numbers to dial in. Does anyone know why this is or how to change this? 

Any info is much appreciated as I try to navigate this obstacle. 

Samprocell_0-1642523604950.jpeg

-Sam  

2 REPLIES 2

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Samprocell,

IF you are not seeing number for China or Hong Kong in your meetings, you should first start by checking if you have those data center regions enabled for meetings.  You can check this at the bottom of your profile page in the Zoom Portal.

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 9.51.24 AM.png

If these regions are not checked checking them here will open up our data center resources in those regions including PSTN numbers.  If you are not able to make changes here, you may need to reach out to your Zoom Admin as this may be locked down at Account or Group level settings.

If these regions are checked and you still don't see numbers, you will need to reach out to your Zoom Admin to review available numbers configured under telephone settings for the account.  You may also need to add a pre-paid or pay as you go audio plan as in some regions (China) phone numbers are a premium feature that actually incur a charge per minute for use.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

HamishShepherd
Listener

Hello,  I was routed to this solution for my need to display dial in number for China, but I'm struggling to apply the supplied answer. I am the Zoom Admin

China Data Centre has been enabled

But I'm lost at "

review available numbers configured under telephone settings for the account.  You may also need to add a pre-paid or pay as you go audio plan as in some regions (China) phone numbers are a premium feature that actually incur a charge per minute for use."

I cannot find or loacte a place to enable, add or other wise create fro China.