cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Virtual Background

bradfountain
Listener

As of today I am no longer able to use Zoom background.  I receive the message "Virtual Background is still loading" and have tried rebooting my computer and uninstalled and reinstalled zoom a couple of times.  I am using a MacBook pro and until today I have not had any issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pieterbotes
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

That should be the issue.  You will need to get your IT department to restore the file from quarantine, and then restart the Zoom app after they have done that.  Please get them to exclude that app from being quarantined as it is vital to the virtual background function in Zoom.  

Also, once they've done that and you have virtual backgrounds running, please let me know by marking the solution on here so that we can close out this question.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

pieterbotes

Hi @bradfountain 

If you have not updated your client to the newest version released this week, then I would suggest you do that and see if that resolves it.  If not, please let me know.

Thanks!

bradfountain
Listener

This did not resolve the problem.  I downloaded the client and installed the software again after a full reboot and it starts by prompting to download the smart virtual player and then gives me the message "Virtual Background is still loading".

pieterbotes

@bradfountain 

Thanks for getting back to me on this.  The prompt to download the smart virtual player does tell us what is missing and why the virtual backgrounds is just saying loading.  Let figure out how to resolve that.  When it prompted you to download the smart virtual player, did it complete the additional download, if this portion doesn't finish correctly then the virtual backgrounds will not work? 

Also let me know how you updated the client?  Did you download from the Zoom website or use the "check for updates" from the client itself?

Thanks!

The download for the smart virtual player complete the progress bar and closes automatically appearing to complete the process.  As for the client download I tried the first time downloading from the website after uninstalling Zoom and then tried the check for updates.

pieterbotes

@bradfountain

I'm looking into this at the moment.  Did you do the uninstall from the Zoom client menu?  Or just deleted the app from the app folder?

How to uninstall Zoom – Zoom Help Center

Thanks!

Thank you for working with me on a resolution.  I have tried both approaches for uninstalling.

pieterbotes

Hi @bradfountain 

I've looked into this further and it seems we have a couple of possible issues here.  Let us just run through these troubleshooting steps and see if we can isolate this more.

• What Antivirus are you running on your Mac, if any?
  • What is the version of your macOS?

It may be possible that the Smart Virtual Background package is being quarantined. Obviously not common but would be a good first step to check this.

If you do have Antivirus installed, please look at the quarantine on it to see if there is any file resembling the following being held:  aomhost

Also, if you do not see that file being quarantined, and if you are comfortable with the macOS "Activity Monitoring.app", then you can also please check if that file is running when you try and set your virtual background.  This should give us some indication of what is happening.

Thanks!

So it looks like you may have found the issue.  Our company uses Cylance and the aomhost is quarantined there.  Do I need to have IT do something to remove it from quarantine?

pieterbotes

That should be the issue.  You will need to get your IT department to restore the file from quarantine, and then restart the Zoom app after they have done that.  Please get them to exclude that app from being quarantined as it is vital to the virtual background function in Zoom.  

Also, once they've done that and you have virtual backgrounds running, please let me know by marking the solution on here so that we can close out this question.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for helping resolve this issue.  You were amazing!!

RFP
Listener

Zoom Virtual Background: Keep getting a Vitrual Background loading issue.

I have the latest Zoom App version. Using Windows 10 with the latest updates as well.

Rebooted closed and opened 30 times still nothing.

I checked Anti Virus block, no issues. My Team's App works perfectly grabbing the same background images.

Extremely frustrating, was working great then just started this issue with no system changes.