cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom VDI plugin for Apple Silicone is not recognized with the Zoom VDI Client

Jozef1
Listener

Hi,

I'm using Zoom VDI client ver. 5.12.6 (22200) and connecting from Mac Air M1 that has ZoomVDI Plugin for Citrix ver. 5.12.6 (22200) installed (using also Citrix Workspace 23.01.0.53 (2301). 

I'm unable to share the screen nor see the shared screen while on zoom meeting (only audio is working) as well as start video (both of the options are not available) and the ZoomVDI client shows that:

VDI Plugin Status: Not Connected

VDI Connection Error: Plugin not Recognized 

also VDI Plugin version is not available

I have been previously using Intel based Macbook Air and using the same plugin version it all worked fine. I have also tried all possible combinations of running either Citrix or zoom VDI plugin using Rosetta as well as well as trying to use lower version of plugin as the actual zoom VDI client, but unfortunately without any success.

Any ideas or help will be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jozef1
Listener

Problem resolved with intel based citrix workspace installation (not universal opened with rosetta!). In Citrix Workspace settings navigate yourself to advanced and select Intel build - this will download and install the intel based version for you. You need to run the Zoom VDI pluging for Citrix with Rosetta in case you have the universal application installed. Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jozef1
Listener

a little bit of update here, as I have noticed in another thread that the release notes for. 5.13.0 should resolve this issue. When installing the Zoom VDI plugin for Citrix ver. 5.13.0.22460 it suddenly (both plugin and Citrix working natively with silicon) worked and the ThinClient OS as well as plugin status suddenly appeared in stats menu of Zoom VDI client. (of course with error that the plugin version is greater than the client version). With that being said I believe that I'm left with nothing but wait for my business client to release Zoom VDI v. 5.13.0, that will take another few months. In case you have some zero day exploit for 5.12.06 or 5.12.07 and won't mind to leak it, it would be highly appreciated as it will speed up the things significantly ;-D

Jozef1
Listener

Problem resolved with intel based citrix workspace installation (not universal opened with rosetta!). In Citrix Workspace settings navigate yourself to advanced and select Intel build - this will download and install the intel based version for you. You need to run the Zoom VDI pluging for Citrix with Rosetta in case you have the universal application installed. Hope this helps

mrmike
Listener

Thanks for this topic - it allowed me to finally fix the audio plugin not being recognised for me. I had to go in and switch the "Select Intel or Apple Silicon Build" selection in Citrix from Intel to Apple and back again before it would recognise there was a new version of the Citrix app to be downloaded. Not sure how this autoupdate wasn't working as its usually pretty reliable.