Introducing the new Zoom Community Champion Program where we recognize our most engaged community members for their contributions.

Learn more and join
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom System is not Sending Confirmation Emails For a Changed Email Address

Singularity
Listener

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but when I try and change the email on my account, the system fails to send a confirmation email to either the new email on the old one.  I am about to lose access to the email my account has at present so I may need to just cancel the account.  Might move to Teams.  Zoom used to have chat customer service but seems to be gone these days...  Information is Support is more about how to operate the app rather than solve account issues.

9 REPLIES 9

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Singularity,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Are you going to your profile page  https://zoom.us/profile > then sign in > clicking the edit button and then changing your email address there? 

Are you a part of an organizational account or is this your account singularly?

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 11.31.57 AM.png

 Regards,

Brandon

If this response was helpful for you, please do not forget to click on the accepted solutions button!

Singularity
Listener

Yep, but the system is not sending either a confirmation email or passcode reset emails.  Having no access to live support is causing me to look at other options given it's a paid service.

YaBoiB

Hello @Singularity

All Zoom customers have access to Zoom Technical Support. I will have a support ticket opened up for you as soon as possible and our technicians can work with you to alleviate this issue. 

Regards,

Brandon 

If this response was helpful for you, please do not forget to click on the accepted solutions button!

YaBoiB

Hi @Singularity

A support ticket was issued for your account and I have sent you an email. Let me know via the support ticket if you are in need of any other assistance. 

Brandon

YaBoiB

Hello @Singularity

Are you now able to log in to your account? I have been reaching out to you via email with a support ticket and there is no response. I just wanted to make sure that all is well now. 

If so, would you please click on the accepted solution button on the far bottom right hand corner? 

Thanks, 

Brandon

JimmyWick
Attendee

Have you tried to resend the confirmation email?

• Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  • In the navigation menu, click the Meetings or Webinars page.
  • Find the scheduled session you wish to edit and click on the topic.
  • Click on the Invitations tab (for Webinars) or the Registration tab (for Meetings).
  • Find the Manage Attendees (Webinars) or Manage Registrants (Meetings)section and click Edit or View on the
  • right-hand side. This will open the list of registrants for this meeting or webinar.
  • Click on the Approved tab (this may not be visible if using automatic approval) and find the name of the registrant.
  • Click on their name and then the Resend Confirmation Email button to send the confirmation email to the registrant again.

Regards,
J Wick

YaBoiB

@JimmyWick

This person is attempting to change the email address on their profile for their account. The email in question was on Zoom's bounce list for whatever reason. I removed the email from the bounce list, so they should be able now to edit their profile email address with no issues moving forward. 

Brandon

Same problem: not receiving email from Zoom to confirm changed email address in Zoom profile.
Could you also remove me "from the bounce list" ... so that a confirmation email from Zoom is sent. Thx.

YaBoiB

@Mike_NY

This is typically handled by our Tier 1 agents in support. They have the tools as well to handle this, plus we like to track this for analytics. Would you kindly mind submitting a support ticket to our agents with the email in question so that they can assist you? 

Thanks, 

Brandon