cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom System is not Sending Confirmation Emails For a Changed Email Address

Singularity
Listener

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but when I try and change the email on my account, the system fails to send a confirmation email to either the new email on the old one.  I am about to lose access to the email my account has at present so I may need to just cancel the account.  Might move to Teams.  Zoom used to have chat customer service but seems to be gone these days...  Information is Support is more about how to operate the app rather than solve account issues.

16 REPLIES 16

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Singularity,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Are you going to your profile page  https://zoom.us/profile > then sign in > clicking the edit button and then changing your email address there? 

Are you a part of an organizational account or is this your account singularly?

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 11.31.57 AM.png

 Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Singularity
Listener

Yep, but the system is not sending either a confirmation email or passcode reset emails.  Having no access to live support is causing me to look at other options given it's a paid service.

YaBoiB

Hello @Singularity

All Zoom customers have access to Zoom Technical Support. I will have a support ticket opened up for you as soon as possible and our technicians can work with you to alleviate this issue. 

Regards,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

YaBoiB

Hi @Singularity

A support ticket was issued for your account and I have sent you an email. Let me know via the support ticket if you are in need of any other assistance. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

@YaBoiB wrote:

All Zoom customers have access to Zoom Technical Support.
Regards,

Brandon 

This is simply NOT TRUE.  Unless a "Basic" Account holder doesn't qualify as a "customer" somehow?  I'm in exactly the same boat - the email I wanted to use for my Zoom account accidentally generated a bounce, and as a result, it's now been forever consigned to the dreaded Zoom "BOUNCE LIST" (what an incredibly stupid, short-sighted, misguided and user-hostile design THAT is) so I can now never receive the needed "confirmation" email and get switched over.

Despite all of the help articles and forum discussions telling you to just "open a Support Ticket" to get this RIDICULOUSLY COMMON problem taken care of, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. that I try to open a ticket, it is immediately closed with a message "we are unable to respond to your open ticket at this time".  So it seems you have to have a $paid$ $account$ just to get the simple courtesy of being able to successfully contact someone to fix a problem that shouldn't need to be fixed in the first place?

And I guess I'm now permanently stuck using this temporary throwaway email address if I want to continue using Zoom?  Which I'm really not too excited about doing now, to be perfectly honest.

YaBoiB

Hello @JamieN

I believe at the time that I made the statement is was accurate information. Now Basic users are considered self service customers as documented here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Contact-Zoom-Support

That said, the reason why we do have the Zoom Community is to further our reach and assist these customers. I will ask the moderators to create a support ticket on your behalf or provide me with your account information so that I can assist you. I apologize for this inconvenience. 

Regards, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

YaBoiB

Hello @JamieN

I received your email address from the moderators and checked it against our bounce list, block list and spam list and your email address was not on any of those lists. Please let me know how I can assist you moving forward. 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

I have an OPEN attempt to change my email address on my account RIGHT NOW that I cannot complete because the "confirmation" email never arrives at the NEW address.  My current address is a temporary one that DOES work, but I don't want to use it.  I want the one that I'm trying to change TO.  Replace the sequence "kqjohc4" in the current WORKING address with the sequence "zoom" and look at your various block/black/bounce/spam lists again.

@YaBoiB wrote:

Hello @JamieN

I received your email address from the moderators and checked it against our bounce list, block list and spam list and your email address was not on any of those lists. Please let me know how I can assist you moving forward. 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Trying one last time to maybe get this solved - it's most likely that what the moderators gave you was the CURRENT email address assigned to my account.  You can confirm that by looking to see if the email they gave you contains the sequence "kqjohc4" in it.  THAT email is working, and is obviously not going to appear on any of your block lists because... well, because it's working.  But that email is a temporary throwaway that I'm trying to get AWAY from and move back to the one I DO want to use.  It's the one I WANT to use that's on the stupid "bad email" lists.

As mentioned in another reply, you need to replace the sequence "kqjohc4" in the CURRENT address, which again is probably what you were given, with the sequence "zoom".  Once you do that, you should find that modified address in your block-lists somewhere.  THAT is the one that needs to be removed so I can actually use it.
If you need to confirm any of this, you're welcome to communicate with me at the temporary address that's currently assigned to my account so that we can make sure that we understand each other.  I would rather not just openly post the email addresses in question here in an open forum where they can be harvested and added to a million spammer mailing lists everywhere.

While having someone here that can and will respond to inflamed complaints about this (and I do appreciate your willingness to help despite my obvious annoyance), MAYBE - JUST MAYBE - someone should realize that this entire setup makes for a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE user experience, and it's affecting a LOT of people, if google searches and searches through this community are any indication.

Someone needs to re-vist this horribly misguided "BOUNCE LIST" idiocy, and look for a solution.  Keeping it active while closing off support to anyone that hasn't $paid$ you for an account just reeks of grift.

Has anyone at Zoom considered maybe having entries on this moronic "BOUNCE LIST" automatically removed after some reasonable time period?  24 hours?  Three days?  A week?  A month, even?

PERMANENTLY assigning someone's legitimate email address to a phantom blacklist because of a perfectly normal occurrence such as a bounce (which can happen for perfectly LEGITIMATE, TRANSIENT, TEMPORARY reasons) is - as I've already ranted - horribly misguided and user-hostile.  And then to close the door on the only documented path to removal from that blacklist and lock it behind a paywall?  Simple greed and open disdain.

YaBoiB

Hello @JamieN

I have emailed you from the email that the moderators provided me. 

The bounce list is there for our users safety and is a common practice amongst all software providers around the world. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and I look forward to attempting to assist you over email. 

Thanks, 

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

YaBoiB

Hello @Singularity

Are you now able to log in to your account? I have been reaching out to you via email with a support ticket and there is no response. I just wanted to make sure that all is well now. 

If so, would you please click on the accepted solution button on the far bottom right hand corner? 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

JimmyWick
Attendee

Have you tried to resend the confirmation email?

• Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  • In the navigation menu, click the Meetings or Webinars page.
  • Find the scheduled session you wish to edit and click on the topic.
  • Click on the Invitations tab (for Webinars) or the Registration tab (for Meetings).
  • Find the Manage Attendees (Webinars) or Manage Registrants (Meetings)section and click Edit or View on the
  • right-hand side. This will open the list of registrants for this meeting or webinar.
  • Click on the Approved tab (this may not be visible if using automatic approval) and find the name of the registrant.
  • Click on their name and then the Resend Confirmation Email button to send the confirmation email to the registrant again.

Regards,
J Wick

YaBoiB

@JimmyWick

This person is attempting to change the email address on their profile for their account. The email in question was on Zoom's bounce list for whatever reason. I removed the email from the bounce list, so they should be able now to edit their profile email address with no issues moving forward. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Same problem: not receiving email from Zoom to confirm changed email address in Zoom profile.
Could you also remove me "from the bounce list" ... so that a confirmation email from Zoom is sent. Thx.

YaBoiB

@Mike_NY

This is typically handled by our Tier 1 agents in support. They have the tools as well to handle this, plus we like to track this for analytics. Would you kindly mind submitting a support ticket to our agents with the email in question so that they can assist you? 

Thanks, 

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion