cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Support (or the lack of it!)

CyrilLIddy
Listener

Zoom is very good at taking my money, but poor when I need help.  I hold an account with Zoom and I am continually told that I must upgrade to 5.3 or something similar to continue using after the 4th August.  I have tried to contact the Support Centre, but have be told by the chatbot that I must wait for the Agent.  Life is too short to wait for the only agent employed by Zoom to help me.  The articles provided on related topics tell me absolutely everything except what I really need to know!  Is Zoom serious about customer support or would I be better cancelling my subscription and going elsewhere where I can talk to a human being?

I am sorry write such a rude email, but I feel it is the only way to make Zoom take notice of me.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

CyrilLIddy
Listener

I want support not Mickey Mouse badge!

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @CyrilLIddy 

Zoom applications are frequently upgraded for feature improvements, security enhancements, and bug fixes.
Apps that are too old are not only unstable but also risky from a security standpoint, so versions older than 6 months from release are no longer available.

We assume that your app version is too old and you have been asked to update it.

You should follow the message and update the client app.

Alternatively, downloading and installing the latest version of the client app from the following link may solve the problem.

Download Center - Zoom

Ohkawa_0-1660883984448.png

Ohkawa,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to reply to my message.  I have tried on several occasions to download the app in the link you sent me, but I am still unable to upgrade and access Zoom.

Do you have any further suggestions?

Cyril.

markonzoom
Listener

On the subject of lack of support, I have had a paid account for several years, needed to get some support on an issue today, conversed with the chatbot. When it got to the point where it directs me elsewhere, it literally said:

"Your account receives support through a partner of Zoom. To receive support, please submit a request at"

An incomplete sentence, no punctuation at the end, no answer to where to submit a request. I tried two more times restarting the chat, same response each time.

Luckily I figured out to come here to this community, but, seriously, that answer to that issue could inspire absurdist playwrights.

Listener

Switch to MS Teams--even if you're running a Mac. I had all the same issues: Years of sending in my $$; inability to upgrade when prompted (Error Code 10004: I've seen it 10,000 times); inability to manually upgrade it; inability to simply reinstall Zoom. Each time, same problem. And no answers from Zoom. Although it's been working, I do wonder if it swill stop working one of these days altogether. So I'm switching everything to Teams, and the process has been seamless. Although they also have automated support, IT ACTUALLY WORKS.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @121219027 if you are receiving Error Code 10004, please look into the following KB article to resolve the Zoom error code 10004 and let me know if that resolves your issue. Thanks! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!