cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Speaker Dead

Trent96
Listener

Hello, 

For the past few weeks my Zoom speaker will just not work. I'm fairly IT savvy and I've tried all the tricks in my book to get it working again - restarts, reinstalls, different headsets....everything. All I can find online is the basic 101 of fixing audio in the audio settings. Please don't tell me to try another speaker in the settings - I've done it 100's of times! None will utter a sound.

Has anyone out there had the same issue? The mic will pick up me talking, but no ringtone will play or anything. All audio on the rest of my computer works fine - videos, Microsoft Teams, everything works as normal but not Zoom. 

Appreciate any suggestions. Many thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Trent96
Listener

Finally found a solution - uninstalled it again and reinstalled, but this time it seemed to work! Previous time it didn't. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

glo1
Listener

Hi, same problem!! Going crazy, bought a new laptop and not able to use zoom. Hope Zoom monitors these posts it seems to be a major issue recently.

LeanWalrus
Listener

Same problem from about 2 weeks ago on Mac..Mic and Speaker just stop a few mins into the meeting. If i unplug USB/Headphonbe jack and plug in again ..it works for a few mins then fails..... driving me nuts... 45 years in IT and I can't resolve this. Definitely zoom app issue as no problems with other apps.

Zoom will now only work on Internal Speakers and Mic

Trent96
Listener

Finally found a solution - uninstalled it again and reinstalled, but this time it seemed to work! Previous time it didn't. 

Mine is defaulted to phone audio the past 3 days.  it will not let me choose computer audio.  My speakers work fine otherwise.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and no change.  any suggestions?

Cassiano
Listener

Please fix this issue!!! 

ellieoday
Listener

I've been using Zoom for 2 years. In the last 2 days - I get no audio! Same host (not me) but everyone else is getting audio. Yes, telephone works, but prefer video. And yes, my audio works everywhere else. I tried downloading the latest version of Zoom, even got an ethernet cable (instead of wifi). And when I join the meeting, I click on Use computer audio - and it says it is using computer audio - but no audio.

I have the same problem and have tried the re-install but it does not work. My computer will play music on the speakers but Zoom will not "see" them.

Utahron
Listener

Same problem, I use Microsoft Teams, Hangout, and others. Zoom has worked every time until the beginning of February when every meeting has had to be done over a phone line because I can't hear anything out of my speakers when Zoom is running. What did you change? Every other program seems to know how to make sound come out.