cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Settings page (not the app) freezes when clicking on Video or Background & Filter tabs

SchellsBeerFan
Listener
So when I open up my Win10 Zoom app and go into my account and go into Settings, the Settings page freezes when I click on either the Video or the Background & Filter tabs.  It does not freeze using and of the other tabs.

Because it's froze, I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete so that I can close the Settings page with Task Manager.  The Zoom app itself is not frozen, just the Settings page and that only freezes if I click on the Video or Background & Filters tabs. 

I have UNinstalled with the Windows Uninstaller and with the REVO uninstaller and reinstalled both times.  I was just getting ready to do REVO again when I noticed something.  REVO says I have a 64-bit Zoom version (v. 5.7.7  1105) whereas the Task Manager has indicated that I have a 32-bit Zoom version.  Any suggestions?

Here is my computer hardware:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-56EL3BJ
System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model X555LAB
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU ASUS-NotebookSKU
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2397 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. X555LAB.503, 8/4/2015
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product X555LAB
BaseBoard Version 1.0
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @SchellsBeerFan 

This isn't something that the community would be able to help with, so I'd recommend contacting Zoom Support to look into this. I'd also recommend sending a problem report and include logs, so that our Engineering teams can see what may be causing this on the backend. 

In the meantime, I'd suggest trying to update your graphics drivers, as that could be causing that window to lockup. 

Thank you Bort.  Will post to where your link directs me and thanks for the tip about updating the Graphics driver (it was up to date).

Contacting Zoom support ha good one 🙂