cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Screen Share with Intel Evo Irix(R) Graphics Card

Sammyb007
Listener

Hello,

I am using a decent config laptop for zoom meetings - only thing my laptop is missing is a dedicated graphics card.

Below is the specs.

• Win 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • 32 GB RAM
  • 1 TB SSD
  • Intel i7-1195G7 processor

latest zoom client on the laptop.

The issue is - during screen share - the application (zoom) freezes and crashes. I have followed following doc and made the change - it had improved the experience but still once in a while things gets really slow.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060419291-Resolving-Intel-Iris-Integrated-Graphics-issu...

Anyone else facing similar issue? Any tips/advice?

Sammy

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Sammyb007 it's been some time since you've posted this discussion! Are you still facing this issue with Screen share? Since then we've had some updates with our Zoom desktop client, have you tried updating your Zoom client? Or uninstalled and reinstalled?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I have returned the laptop - was not worth the headache and trouble.

judywatson
Listener

The issue with the Zoom application freezing and crashing during screen share on a laptop without a dedicated graphics card can be caused by several factors. One of the main causes is the Intel EVO Iris Integrated Graphics, which can be resolved by following the steps provided in the Zoom support article[1]. However, if the issue persists, there are other tips and advice that can be followed.
One solution is to change the Video Rendering Method in the Zoom app's settings to Direct3D11[2][4]. This can be done by going to the Video tab in the Zoom app's settings, clicking on Advanced, and expanding the dropdown of the Video Rendering Method. Then choose Direct3D11 and restart the system to see if the problem is fixed.
Another solution is to disable hardware acceleration[3]. This can be done by going to the Zoom app's settings, clicking on Video, and toggling off the hardware acceleration feature. Restart the Zoom app once this is done.
Updating the Zoom app to the latest build can also solve the issue[4]. If the Zoom app is not updated to the latest build, it may have compatibility issues with other OS modules like display driver, etc. and this incompatibility may lead to the screen sharing issue at hand.
In summary, changing the Video Rendering Method to Direct3D11, disabling hardware acceleration, and updating the Zoom app to the latest build are some of the tips and advice that can be followed to fix the issue of the Zoom application freezing and crashing during screen share on a laptop without a dedicated graphics card.