cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Scheduler for Chrome won't log in correct Zoom account

MiriamJoyce
Listener

Hi folks. My workplace uses Google Calendar and Zoom, and the Chrome extension that let me just turn a new event into a Zoom right from Google Cal was the best thing since sliced bread. Until recently when it suddenly stopped scheduling them in my work account and wanted to schedule them in a basic account associated with my personal Gmail that I don't even remember making. (That is the Google account I use on Google Cal so I can see all my calendars at once--but the email address for my work Zoom account is also associated with that Google account.)

I don't know why it changed, and I can't figure out how to get it to go back. It even does it if I've just logged into the right account on Zoom.us on another tab. 

22 REPLIES 22

MiriamJoyce
Listener

It seems to do this even when I'm logged on with my office google account, which makes even less sense.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @MiriamJoyce 

It sounds like the Chrome extension is somehow logged in to the wrong account. Let's fix that: 

1. Click on the Zoom icon in the top-right toolbar of your browser. 
  2. Click Sign Out 
  3. Choose the correct sign-in method for your account (Google, SSO, or just email and password) 

That should get the extension back to scheduling meetings for your paid account. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks Bort. Have same problem. Issue with above fix for me is that Chrome browser is managed by company so can't download extension at present. Obviously can when logged into to perso. Is there another way or do I need to switch to Safari or other? Ideally not obviously.

This fix worked for me!  Thank you.

Hi Bort! Please help - I followed these instructions and am signed into zoom scheduler with my company email, but when I go to schedule a meeting in google calendar it STILL says the meeting host is my non-company gmail 

ballr
Listener

Can you use different Zoom accounts when setting up different meetings within your own calendar?  We have two office Zoom accounts we use.  It seems to just remember the one and auto populates it when creating an event.

alexevans
Listener

Hey @Bort , I don't have any extensions installed on my browser. The application is installed directly into my Google Calendar, and as far as I can tell there is no way for me to remove the credentials I used to connect Zoom to that calendar (my personal ones) so that I can instead use my work ones. I can't find any option via the zoom.us login that lets me disconnect the account that way as a backdoor, either. My goal is to basically nuke the connection between my calendar and any zoom account and start from scratch, but I have no way in right now. I use chrome as my browser, and am on a mac.

I am having the same problem!

Bort

Ok, can you clarify what button you press when adding a Zoom meeting to a calendar event? A screenshot would be even better. 

From there, I can guide you through how to sign-out and back in to the correct account. 

When I click make it a Zoom meeting it pre populates it with my personal Zoom account.  We have two paid accounts that we use in 
our office and go back and forth depending on availability.  How do I get it to not assume which account I want to use?

I hope this makes sense.
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 4.26.06 PM (2).png

Bort

Perfect, exactly what I needed to see! 

So, the Make it a Zoom Meeting button is actually indeed the Chrome extension, even though you aren't aware of it. To fix this, follow these steps: 

1. Click the little puzzle piece in the top-right corner of Chrome: Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 17.52.35.png

There you should see other extensions you have installed. Click the Zoom Scheduler option. 

2. Click Sign Out from the profile you are currently using. 
  3. Sign in with the appropriate account you want to create meetings with. 

That should be all you need to do! 

alexevans
Listener

This is all I can see when I'm edited an event item in google calendar. I cannot, anywhere in any of my calendar or gmail settings, find any sort of login data around my zoom credentials to remove them. Wat do?

Okay, it actually took me editing that screenshot to notice that Google refers to this as an 'add-on', whereas @Bort was referring me to chrome's 'extensions'. Poking around more, I noticed the right side of gcal (which I literally don't think I've ever used or looked at in my entire life) has a bar, and there I saw a zoom icon, and it's THERE that you can manage your login/out settings. If the account seems stuck on one account, go to zoom.us and manually log yourself out, it seems like their connective model doesn't treat the add-on as the same priority as the main site, so being logged in on zoom.us will override and keep you logged in to whatever account you're logged into there. GOOD LUCK OUT THERE EVERYONE, I could literally not find a fix about this anywhere on the internet.

Let me know if this actually solves your problem. I actually tried this about a month ago & I’m still encountering the same issue. I was temporarily logged into a Zoom account (one that I don’t want to schedule meetings with) and now, no matter what I do, Zoom meetings through my Google calendar are always scheduled with the wrong Zoom account. I even tried removing the add-on altogether & re-adding it from scratch & it still didn’t solve the problem for me.

@ErinAmalie I'm having spotty success so far, and I can't pin down why. I own three reoccurring events on my calendar, so with that as a sample size, I'm having the following issues:

• A: allowed me to clear out the original zoom link, then add a new zoom link; the new zoom link has my correct email associated with it
  • B: allowed me to clear out the original zoom link, then add a new zoom link; the new zoom link has my incorrect email associated with it. It will not add the correct one no matter how many times I clear it out, if I switch from zoom>meets>zoom, etc.
  • C: does not allow me to clear out the original zoom link; gives me an error ("Failed to create conference"), does this over and over and over. I have now tried 12 hours later, it still does this. **This meeting I actually do not own, but I do have editing rights to**

In conclusion, I have no clue what's going on and am disappointed at how zoom integrates these features. QA your tools before you release them, don't make us do it for you. @Bort any thoughts?

Bort

Hi @alexevans 

I cannot say what is going on for sure without seeing your setup directly. Let me see if I can get someone to assist you more directly. 

Hi! Was there a solution for this problem found? I am having the same maddening issue. I cannot change the Zoom account that is associated with my Google calendar. 

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @alexevans I've opened a ticket for you with our Support team so they can help out with this. Please watch out for an email from them soon!

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Virginia,

Would you be able to open a ticket for me as well?  I am encountering the same issue as @alexevans  & I would love to receive some assistance. 

Thank you!

Hi! Was your  problem solved? I am having the same maddening issue. I cannot change the Zoom account that is associated with my Google calendar. 

Hi! Was there a solution for this problem found? I am having the same maddening issue. I cannot change the Zoom account that is associated with my Google calendar. 

shanepowhatan
Listener

I'm having the same issue and I've tried everything mentioned in this thread to no avail. I need to maintain a separation between my personal and business zoom accounts and not being able to do so within my calendar is enough to make me continue to rely on Google Meet instead. Please help.