cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Scheduler for Chrome/Google Calendar - creating event for now instead of the correct date.

JonWatts
Listener

Hi Zoom Community

We're encountering problematic behaviour with Google Calendar > Make it a Zoom Meeting Add-on for Google Calendar Zoom Scheduler Chrome Extension.

The future-dated meeting is automatically being scheduled as now (today) instead of the correct future date.

Steps to reproduce

1. Log in to Google Calendar
  2. Add a meeting on a future date (e.g. Saturday 03rd December 2022 at 10 am)
  3. Select the Make it a Zoom Meeting button

The Zoom meeting toast notification pops up (Windows 11) and displays that the meeting is scheduled for now (today) instead of the date selected in the Google Calendar event.

If you view the Zoom Meeting calendar https://zoom.us/meeting#/upcoming you can see that the meeting has been incorrectly scheduled for now(today) instead of the selected future date. (e.g. Saturday 03rd December 2022 at 10 am).

Has anyone else encountered this issue? It has only started happening this week. I'm assuming perhaps something to do with the new Zoom/Google Calendar and mail integration feature.

Thanks
Jon

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@JonWatts 

I upgraded my Windows 10 PC to Windows 11 pro and I was not able to replicate this either by the Chrome extension scheduler or by just creating an event in Google calendar and making the date a future date. Was this an event that was already coming up and you moved the event out further in the future?

Also, if you click on the extension icon and then click on the settings cogwheel, do you have the setting "allow me to specify schedule options each time" 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

Hi @YaBoiB 

Yey 🎉

It was the extension setting, Allow me to specify schedule options each time that was the problem.

• I clicked on the extension and selected the Cog icon

JonWatts_0-1670581105520.png

• Checked the Allow me to specify schedule options each time option On

JonWatts_1-1670581125290.png

• Now the Event entered on Google Calendar is set to the correct Date and Time 

Thanks for the assistance on this one. 🙏

Best regards
Jon

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @JonWatts tested this on MacOS and I am not really experiencing the same as you. Everything seems to be in sync with the Zoom scheduler, Gcal, client, etc.

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 10.52.00 AM.png

Have you tried going to your Chrome extensions (chrome://extensions/) and removing the 'Zoom Scheduler'? and re-adding and trying to re-schedule that test meeting? 

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 11.32.49 AM.png 

Re-download and add https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zoom-scheduler/kgjfgplpablkjnlkjmjdecgdpfankdle?hl=en

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi @RN 

Thanks for the feedback that this appears to be OK on macOS. Unfortunately switching OS is not an option for most of the team here.

The issue occurs on Windows 11 with the Chrome extension - Zoom Scheduler and is consistently reproducible on this combination. See the below screenshots. This is after deleting and redownloading the Chrome extension.

• Google Calendar event booked for Sunday 11th December at midday
  • Zoom Scheduler/Zoom notification shows that the meeting has been created for now(today)

JonWatts_2-1670328502032.png

JonWatts_3-1670328532000.png

Best regards
Jon

ddoyle
Listener

We are encountering the exact same issue in our organization.  I first noticed it last week and our IT team has since reproduced it on 2 different devices.  FWIW, I am using Windows like the original poster.  Perhaps that is the reason you were not able to reproduce it, @RN.  

Martin101
Listener

I am experiencing this same issue.

YaBoiB

Hello @ddoyle @JonWatts @Martin101

I am going to update my windows test machine to 11 right now and see if I can replicate this. If I can, I will submit a ticket to our Engineering team. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

YaBoiB

Are all of you on the correct version of Zoom Desktop Client?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-Zoom-system-requirements-Windows-macOS-Linux#h_8...

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi @YaBoiB 

Here's what I'm running:

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎17/‎10/‎2022
OS build 22623.1028
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0

Chrome Version 108.0.5359.95 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Zoom Scheduler extension Version 1.8.5

Zoom Client November 28, 2022 version 5.12.9 (10650)

All latest and uptodate versions.

Thanks for the feedback.

Best regards
Jon

YaBoiB

Thanks @JonWatts

I updated my Windows PC to 11 last night. I am going to attempt to replicate this very soon and I will report my findings to Zoom Engineering. 

By chance have you already submitted a Technical Support ticket on this issue?

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi @YaBoiB 

Ok, thanks for the efforts.

No i haven't as I was waiting to hear feedback from the Community before reporting. I can do if you think that would be the best next step.

Thanks
Jon

YaBoiB

@JonWatts 

I upgraded my Windows 10 PC to Windows 11 pro and I was not able to replicate this either by the Chrome extension scheduler or by just creating an event in Google calendar and making the date a future date. Was this an event that was already coming up and you moved the event out further in the future?

Also, if you click on the extension icon and then click on the settings cogwheel, do you have the setting "allow me to specify schedule options each time" 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi @YaBoiB 

Yey 🎉

It was the extension setting, Allow me to specify schedule options each time that was the problem.

• I clicked on the extension and selected the Cog icon

JonWatts_0-1670581105520.png

• Checked the Allow me to specify schedule options each time option On

JonWatts_1-1670581125290.png

• Now the Event entered on Google Calendar is set to the correct Date and Time 

Thanks for the assistance on this one. 🙏

Best regards
Jon

YaBoiB

Hi @JonWatts

I had a feeling. I have seen that many times in my time here at Zoom. So glad that we got this solved for you. Please click on the accepted solution button so that others facing this issue will see it when they run a search. 

Thank you so much for your patience and for allowing me to assist you, and I hope you have a great holiday season. 

Regards,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Martin101
Listener

I believe updating my Zoom desktop client fixed the issue with the Chrome extension Zoom Scheduler.

CrystalPeak
Listener

Hello Jon,

I continue to have an issue when ZOOM creating 'categories/tags' for my ZOOM events. The titles all start with "Susanne Arens TEST....." with a long URL string. All these ZOOM sessions/meetings are filling up my drop down list. How do I make it stop?