cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom SSO Saml Mapping DisplayName

apouriet
Listener

So I am working on getting the Displayname Saml portion setup but no matter what Attribute I enter, nothing works.

It is setup using DUO SSO so it gets the Attributes from there, however, I am unable to set attributes for this the Displayname. Hope that make sense...

It seems that only the First name, Last Name & Email attributes work but nothing else.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

newl
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @apouriet ,

As you know, SAML works by exchanging user information, and other relevant attributes between the identity and service provider. 

In order to access the SAML Attributes for Display Name for a given user so you can provided it to Zoom (Service provider); your identity provider (DUO) will need to access to this data in order to "release" the attribute to Zoom so you can then query the value from within the Zoom Admin interface

You will need to check to see what attributes are being made available to DUO via your organizations mapping of LDAP or Active Directory to SAML values. 

An Example: 

------------------------------------------------------------------

displayName =
SAML Name: urn:oid:2.16.840.1.113730.3.1.241
LDAP or AD source attribute: Displayname
Example: Veruca Salt

I also attached a diagram I created to help illustrate the process/relationships.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

newl

Hello @apouriet ,

As you know, SAML works by exchanging user information, and other relevant attributes between the identity and service provider. 

In order to access the SAML Attributes for Display Name for a given user so you can provided it to Zoom (Service provider); your identity provider (DUO) will need to access to this data in order to "release" the attribute to Zoom so you can then query the value from within the Zoom Admin interface

You will need to check to see what attributes are being made available to DUO via your organizations mapping of LDAP or Active Directory to SAML values. 

An Example: 

------------------------------------------------------------------

displayName =
SAML Name: urn:oid:2.16.840.1.113730.3.1.241
LDAP or AD source attribute: Displayname
Example: Veruca Salt

I also attached a diagram I created to help illustrate the process/relationships.

Hope this helps!

sofijantus
Listener

Buenos días, @newl  quizás me puedas ayudar. 

Tengo un usuario que cuando se loguea en su cuenta o en reuniones, quiere cambiar el campo "mostrar nombre" y no le permite. 

La leyenda que figura es: 

sofijantus_0-1695060653873.png

El punto es que revisé la parte de Mapeo de respuesta SAML y en el campo "Nombre visualizado" ( que parece ser el mismo que al usuario le aparece como "mostrar nombre") me aparece lo siguiente:

sofijantus_1-1695060727201.png

La consulta es: cómo puedo permitir que el usuario cambie ese nombre? iniciando una nueva reunión y previo a unirse modificarlo? indica que se actualiza en cada inicio de sesión SSO pero no le permite modificarlo desde su perfil.

Aclaro que no soy experta en SAML y no lo configuré yo pero quiero entender si hay alguna acción a realizar, que no afecte a lo que actualmente está configurado. 

Desde ya muchas gracias! 🙂