cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Registration "Automatically Approved" but Deny certain Participants

KCA_Support
Listener

How do I keep Zoom Registration "Automatically Approved" but Deny certain Participants if I don't want them to join future occurrences of the meeting?

8 REPLIES 8

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

I am not aware of a way to do this automatically. What logic would Zoom use to deny a registrant? Perhaps someone else will have an answer?

Zoom Registration "Automatically Approved" collects the data you require and then grants them the approval.

To deny a registration requires the manual approval process where the host will need to approve or deny each registrant. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360054446052-Managing-meeting-and-webinar-registration#h_0... 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

I'm looking to remove old participants and not give them the ability to sign up again after going into the registrants' list and clicking "Cancel Registration" without enabling the Manual Approval option.

It seems the "Cancel Registration" button doesn't really stop them from registering again.

Frank_TB

Hi,

You can cancel a registration.

To cancel registrations (deny registrants), click a registrant's name, then click the Cancel Registration button.
Note: If a registrant is denied, you will be able to send a custom message to them. 

I tested this by cancelling a test  user registration.

I then tried to re register using the test email  

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 11.11.43 AM.png

It seems to block the next registration attempt from the email I initially used. I guess a user could try an alternative email?

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 11.14.43 AM.png

I suggest you test it some more to see if it works the way you desire. You also can contact Zoom support for more help.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Those tabs only show when Manual Approval is on. On Automatic Approval, this is how it looks: 

SCR-20230309-bjqj.png

When I Cancel Registration, they don't show up as Denied. They just disappear from the list of registrants.

Frank_TB

I just tried a different email address to register for the same meeting and was denied again. Perhaps it is blocking me based on my IP address?

Frank_TB

Hi,

Try editing the registration from automatic to manual and see if you get access to the other settings. I seem to be able to edit them even after a user registered.

Cheers

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 11.33.19 AM.png

Yes, the Deny button does show up after changing to Manually Approve. They then get put in the Denied tab of the Registrants' list but they just get put back in the Pending Approval tab if they send another Registration request.

I also tried temporarily putting it in Manually Approve to Deny a test email then back to Automatically Approve but I could still register and get approved automatically as if it wasn't Denied.

Also, I initially wanted to keep it at Automatically Approve so anyone with the Zoom Registration Link except the Denied contacts can join. So, basically, refuse access to certain contacts without having to Manually Approve all the others.

I appreciate your help in this. 🙂

amy_carter
Listener

Does manual approval apply for Zoom Events? I cannot find the same registration options when setting up a single session event (webinar). We are trying to prevent competitors from joining our event.

Thanks!

-Amy