cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Quit Unexpectedly

Rokan_G
Listener

Hello Zoom and Community,

I have a big problem with Zoom which has stopped working for no reason. 

Yesterday i tried to attend a meeting and a white box appeared saying "Zoom Quit Unexpectedly"

I tried to open the App interphase on the desktop and try to press the "Settings" engine button but it does not open it.

I can change name, status but I cannot open Settings.

How can i solve this?

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23

Rokan_G
Listener

Rokan_G_0-1635580839989.png

Rokan_G
Listener

Anybody able to help? Please, this is very problematic ☹️ Thanks

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Rokan_G! What device are you using? I'd love to help you figure out what's going on 🙂

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello Bri, thanks for the support.

I am using a Desktop PC, with Windows 10. The problem I have is with the Zoom app (which is default option, the big glue button that you should be using to join a call) but I can access through the browser option (this is not really optimal as I have difficulty with using drawing tools).

Thank you for the support I look forward to be hearing from you soon.

@Bri 

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Thanks for providing this additional information! What version of Zoom are you currently using? Let's make sure everything is up-to-date so we can get to the root of the problem

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Rokan_G_0-1635892647468.png

I look forward to solving this 😞 Thanks

I have the same issue, also Windows 10 on the latest version of Zoom. I have tried reinstalling Zoom, clear all the settings and using mobile hotspot. Nothing works. It just keep showing the Zoom quit Unexpectedly dialog over and over again. I have also send the crash report multiple times. 

We are not the only ones having this issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/Zoom/comments/ql2ti3/zoom_starts_quits_unexpectedly_cannot_access/

Rokan_G
Listener

@Bri 

zillur
Listener

Same issue here. Started with v5.8.3

Main window opens, but launching a meeting or trying to access settings throws the "Zoom quit unexpectedly" error message.

Update - Looks like the problem was created by a tool running on my pc called PowerToys. Disabling the video conference mute module fixes zoom - https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys/issues/13984

Hi @zillur, I do have Powertoys on my PC. Next time I will have the Zoom (having disabled the option you have mentioned) I will see if that is the reason,

In any case, thanks a lot for the support.

Disabling the Video Conference Mute feature in PowerToys has resolved this issue for me.

Many thanks!

@zillur  Thank you for your post! Turning off the "Video Conference Mute" option in PowerToys resolved this day long Zoom issue for me. You have saved the day!

This was the issue for me as well. I am so glad I found this. Thank you for sharing with all of us

i owe you one. you are my inspiration when i hopeless with this problem.just simple way...uninstall the power toys. Good Luck!  

danielnsilva
Listener

The tip was very helpful. Thank you very much.

the-code-heist
Listener

Dear Concern,

Disabling the PowerToys Video Conference feature is a helpful way to fix the sudden Zoom quit! It is proven that it is not a bug of Zoom, rather it was the fault of the Video Conference Mute feature of the latest Microsoft PowerToys version. So if anyone here uses PowerToys, you should go to its Settings and disable the Video Conference Mute feature.

I hope the problems will be solved!
Regards

miron82
Listener

Wow,

I had the same issue. After disabling "Global Mute", Zoom started to work normally.

Ameen
Listener

I am facing the same issue on a Macbook. How should I fix it? 

I am on Zoom version: 5.10.1 (5839) (5.10.1.5839)

Mac OS Version: macOS 12.2.1 (21D62)

Medical411640
Listener

I am having the same issue.  I had a whole coaching session that was not saved because Zoom quit. I really need a fix to this problem.  I have a Mac computer and utilizing safari. Thank you in advance. 

Vanamali
Listener

I kept trying when i was getting this message and by the 4th or 5th try it would launch the video

shereedutton
Listener

This happens to me even thought I do not have PowerToys I have never even heard of that app

It's happening to me every time I use Zoom. I have Windows 10 but I do not have PowerToys. Uhhh!