cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Program Always Freezes Mac Desktop

BuzzedLiteBeer
Listener

Every time I try to open Zoom or close the program, it freezes. Sometimes if I wait about five minutes, I will be able to get into the program and start a meeting but then it freezes again. Completely unusable and I have to use my web browser to join or start a meeting. Is there any fix for this?

2 REPLIES 2

Rusty99
Listener

I can only supply Mac support ideas (Zoom on my Mac works fine). I would uninstall and reinstall the Zoom app as a first try. Make sure your Mac meets the specs for Zoom, only a really old under-spec'd machine would be troublesome. If there is still an issue create a new user account on your Mac (or try Guest account) and install Zoom there and see if that works. If the new account works but your current account doesn't there's something in your account which is the issue. If so, quit other running apps and see if that fixes things.

willjoe2442
Participant

Restart your computer. If your screen still freezes or Zoom still crashes after a restart, check if the camera works in a Mac app, such as Photo Booth or Facetime. If it works elsewhere, uninstall the Zoom client and reinstall the latest version from our Download Center

Regards,

Will