cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Pro to Business Upgrade Questions

apta
Listener

We plan to upgrade from Zoom Pro to Zoom Business. I have a few questions about the process.

1. Will existing scheduled meetings be impacted? ie will the URL change for the meetings? 

2. Will our Zoom Pro users automatically get a notification that they have been upgraded? Just wondering if I need to notify them first or if I can do this once we've done the upgrade.

Any other "gotchas" I should be worried especially regarding the impact on end users.

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @apta,

Meeting ID are constants, assigned to the meeting, regardless of the user's license type or if the meeting is transferred to another user.

I don't believe users will be notified of the upgrade, but that's a guess, to be honest.  User can see the type of licenses assigned to them on their Profile on the web:

Ray_Harwood_0-1667436587025.png

The only other "gotcha"  which I'm sure you're aware of is that the price per user goes up slightly, but there are added benefits which you can see from the price comparison sheet, not the least of which is the availability of telephone support for the Owner and Admins.  I'd suggest reviewing the feature matrix to ensure everyone knows the extra benefits of the Business plan.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @apta , 

@Ray_Harwood is correct that the meeting IDs are constant and would not be affected by the upgrade. With a Business account, you can get a vanity URL (company.zoom.us) for all your links and when approved for your account, all your meeting links will update, but old links will still work fine, since they reference the same meeting ID. 

Users on the account would not get any notification that the overall account has been upgraded, but they might see the upgraded links and a few more settings. Otherwise, you would need to let them know of any changes to their workflows, which should only happen if you require them to use a feature or setting only available at Business level. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if these replies are what you needed.

apta
Listener

Thank you! 

I'll email the relevant staff beforehand so that they're aware.