cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Pro License

OlaWilly
Listener

I own a Pro License. There are only 2 users on my account - myself as the license owner, and my wife as a basic user. Previously when I am not using Zoom, I was able to assign my license to my wife to host meetings extending more than 40 minutes. However, lately when I assign the license to her (and I become a basic user) she is only able to host meetings lasting only 40 minutes. Why is this so?

I think it is unfair and uncompetitive for Zoom to expect me to purchase another license for my wife to use my Zoom account to organize a meeting, especially when we are not concurrently holding meetings on Zoom at the same time. We also never hold meetings involving up to 50 people at a time. 

I look forward to your response

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Based on your description, it sounds like the new license assignment has just not synced with whatever app she is using to to schedule her Zoom meetings. Once the license is assigned, she should sign-out and sign-back-in to her account, which should remove that notice. 

In any case, she can certainly schedule the meeting with that notification about being limited to 40-minutes, with that limit not actually being applied when she starts that meeting (as long as the license is assigned correctly). 

View solution in original post

OlaWilly
Listener

Hi Bort,

Thanks again. We will try the solution you have suggested.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bort

Hi @OlaWilly 

You should still be able to re-assign the license to your wife's user profile and have her meetings upgraded. If that is not working, it could be caused by one or more of the following: 

• The license was assigned after she started the meeting, in which case it would not immediately take effect. Its best to make any license or add-on changes before the user starts a meeting or webinar. Keep in mind, this is just when starting the meeting, not scheduling. Meetings created now, as well as already scheduled meetings, will check the host's license type when the meeting is started. 
  • Did she sign-out and sign back in after you assigned the license? It should update itself, but its best to do a quick sign-out/sign-in to resync your account info with the Zoom app. 
  • Was she actually hosting a meeting scheduled by that user profile? It often happens that someone will have their main account, as well as an additional free account they created accidentally. If you assigned the license to account A, but she is signed-in to account B and trying to start a meeting from that account, it will upgrade that account's meetings. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Many thanks indeed Bort for your response.

I usually assign the license to my wife before she schedules a meeting. However, at the point of scheduling the meeting, she is not allowed to host a minute extending beyond 40 minutes and that is the problem. By this time, I would have signed out of my account to allow her full use of the license. What should we do to rectify this problem?  

Bort

Based on your description, it sounds like the new license assignment has just not synced with whatever app she is using to to schedule her Zoom meetings. Once the license is assigned, she should sign-out and sign-back-in to her account, which should remove that notice. 

In any case, she can certainly schedule the meeting with that notification about being limited to 40-minutes, with that limit not actually being applied when she starts that meeting (as long as the license is assigned correctly). 

yo contrate zoom pro, pague mediante banco y no me otorgaron , me estafaron

Hey there,

I am having a similar issue. I have a zoom one pro account and it kicks me off after 40 mintues. I have tried to contact support but they just tell me my license got unassigned or something. Do you know what the issue might be?

OlaWilly
Listener

Hi Bort,

Thanks again. We will try the solution you have suggested.