cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom/Outlook Calendar times not Syncing

ancloud
Listener

Hello! 

I keep having an issue where I create an appointment in Outlook and use the Zoom plugin to provide a link to the appointment, but the time does not translate over to zoom properly.

For example, I created an invite for 9/29 at 1PM EST but on Zoom, it shows up as 9/29 at 12AMEST.

I have no idea why this keeps happening. It is confusing for my clients because they are seeing 2 different times on the Outlook calendar invite I sent them vs. what Zoom shows and it makes me look unorganized/unprofessional when I'm just trying to use the features. This seems to happen when sending an invite to clients in a different time zone, but sometimes it doesn't happen. Any guidance is helpful. 

Thank you! 

Ashley

4 REPLIES 4

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @ancloud 

What Time Zone are you in - and what Time Zone do you have set in your Zoom account at https://zoom.us/profile ?

Rupert

Hi @ancloud 

Did this help you resolve your issue?

Please Mark as Solution if it did - or post back with any further assistance required.

Rupert

miklosha
Listener

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem. My outlook calendar with the Zoom meeting add-on won't successfully link me to the Zoom desktop app (error: invalid meeting ID).

ElizabethM13
Listener

The same issue happens to me too. Both outlook and zoom are set in the same time zone. 

I create a meeting for 8am, my colleagues cannot sign in because it says does not start until 8.30. It happens when they try to sign in but I have not opened the zoom meeting yet. 

But they should be able to "arrive" in the meeting before I open it without any issues. 

Is there a solution??