Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom One Profissional shuts down after 40 minutes

MeetingGuy2022
Listener

Hello everyone,

I have Zoom One Profissional.

I started a meeting today and unfortunately the other person was running awfully late. I had to wait for a while and after 40 minutes this notification came up and the meeting was closed.

The other person had to cancel so I wasn't able to test my account again. 

Is anyone able to tell me why this happened if I'm paying for the Zoom One Profissional plan?

Thank you all for your time.

4 REPLIES 4

newl
Community Champion | Customer

Hey there @MeetingGuy2022,

Please make sure that you created the meeting with your Zoom One Pro account. I have seen many situations where the host account of the meeting (i.e. the account that created the meeting) was NOT the paid account and therefore subject to the 40-minute limit.  So, even if you connected to the meeting with a paid account, the meeting created with a free account will still retain the 40-minute limit. 

I have also had issues where a recurring meeting was created with a free account and then the account was upgraded to Zoom One Pro, but the meeting still had a time limit. In this situation we had to delete the recurring meeting and re-create it in order to remove the time limit.

Hope this helps!

I use Zoom for work several times a day, 5 days a week, and have had no problem since purchasing a plan, when the 40-minute limit was reintroduced for meetings with just one other person - until today when a warning sign appeared and my meeting shut down!  It was not a recurring meeting and it was set up in exactly the same way, and from exactly the same account as every other time.

What is going on, here, please?

newl

Hello @Teptax ,

I would check the meeting ID and make sure YOU were the host.

I support a large number of users and sometimes they will join a meeting that is being hosted by another user who does NOT have a paid plan. If the meeting is hosted by a user without a paid plan, then the meeting is subjected to the 40-minute limit, even if you as an attendee has a paid plan.

If you go back and check the meeting ID and find that you were the host then call/chat Zoom support.

Hope that Helps!

Thanks for this, but it wasn’t that simple and, while we have no resolved the issue, neither the Zoom techie nor I could work out what had happened.

I have used Zoom for over two years:  initially, for free, but, more recently, on a paid plan - but always using my business e-mail address.  Suddenly, Zoom seemed to link to my personal e-mail address (which did not have a plan linked to it), while remaining linked to my business one, when issuing invitations.

All very strange!