cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Notification Shows Black During Screen Sharing

alstalent
Listener

I've had this issue for a while, but it's starting to become a distraction. When I share my screen via Zoom, if someone comes into the waiting room or hands are being raised, it shows black on the recipients' screen and block the content on the screen even if it's a video. There doesn't seem to be a way to disable these notification or have them appear on dual screen. Any thoughts on how to disable the notification or an alternative?

I'm on a Mac computer and using 5.9.1 (3506). 

This feature that I referring to was introduced August 4, 2020 version 5.2.0 (42625.0804) under the "Improved Waiting Room notifications" section. 

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @alstalent, don't believe you can disable those prompted notifications. This may also be due to the Zoom windows not being shown during the meeting. If you go within your Zoom Desktop Client settings under 'Share Screen' you can enable 'Show my Zoom Windows to other participants when I am screen sharing". 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Thanks for the response. That setting you are referring to 'Show my Zoom Windows to other participants when I am screen sharing', if I enabled that, wouldn't that show more on the screen then I would proabbly want the recipient to see?