cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom New Meeting, Join,and Share Screen button greyed out on main menu

Amru_Rasyid
Listener

my zoom wasnt responding while i trs to join a zoom via link (it wont even show up on taskbar) then when i try to join via id, i cant click anything on the zoom except the schedule button

19 REPLIES 19

Happytohelp123
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Amru_RasyidCan I have you uninstall/reinstall Zoom on your device to see if this resolves the issue? 

ive tried it 3 times, still the same

My fix was to install a pending windows update (I had tried uninstalling/reinstalling zoom)

Happytohelp123

Hello @Amru_Rasyid  I have created a ticket and sent you a followup message for further troubleshooting. Please see the next steps on the request so that we can look into this further together. Thanks 😃

Hi there, could you also help me. I have the same problem

Try installing any operating system (Windows or Mac) updates. That helped resolve it for me.

Hi, was there a fix for this? I have the same issue. The join meeting button is greyed out. I resinstalled using the zoom uninstaller and still have the same issue. Latest update of zoom desktop client, latest op system updates. no joy!!! Zoom is almost unusable for me 😞

bry1
Listener

hello my name is Bryce  i can try to help you

Hello, I'm having this same problem and it is causing issue for my wife's work where she has a premium account.  Can you reach out to help?  She is taking Zoom calls on her phone and that's really not cutting it.

zjhomrighaus
Listener

Having exact same issue... did you get it fixed?

Me too

Thwhite
Listener

Checking in - I also have the same issue! Any word on what the problem was?

ThomasOsadolor
Listener

I am also having the same issue. How can I resolve this.

ppirozak
Listener

Having same issue... and I just upgraded my account to see if that fixed the issue (was previously just a BASIC account) but no, having same issue...stll... help!

nozadze
Listener

Hi there,

Have same issue with premium account. is there any solution?

craigr
Listener

So is there a solution from Zoom? All greyed out, no older versions listed on site to try, a known problem? Yes it works in browser, but that's not a solution. I'd like to hear from a Zoom tech support person who has some advice. Reinstall (Fails), reboot (fails), settings doesn't even open in client when you sign in.

Exact same problem here with buttons staying grayed out and the settings button doing nothing. I've also tried starting a new meeting in the client, only for all the buttons to gray out without actually putting me in a meeting (even though my status indicator says I'm currently in a meeting). Simply maddening. 

elainelotuschan
Listener

I see several people reported the same issue with no response. I figured it out (at least for my computer). After a mystifying experience of seeing the "start new meeting" button greyed out (even after reinstalling the program and logging out of another device), I noticed that I had an updated pending in Windows. The zoom problem resolved after I installed the new Windows update. Hope that helps others.

shiregirlshelly
Listener

I have no upates pending and upgraded to pro and still nothing... I am going to lose my s#*t and uninstall and never use again if I cannot get this working. CRAZY ... Zoom clearly does not care about it's customers