Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Meetings dropping

kellyb45
Listener

Hi all, 

I'm hoping I can get some help. 

I conduct weekly Zoom meetings for our business with clients across the U.S.  

Starting about 5 days ago I was on one of these meetings and I got dropped FOUR times!  

The clients were still on (nothing happens to them), and I don't receive an error message, I just get kicked off.  

Since about 5 days ago, I have had this same experience multiple times.  

We thought maybe it was our Internet, and got an Ethernet cable and a booster from our Internet provider and today did a test, and even though we are connecting directly to the Modem, we still had this issue.  We also thought it might be the computer we were on and changed that too.  We are still having the same problem. 

I am at a loss and have another Zoom meeting scheduled tomorrow with our clients that I can't cancel or postpone.  

It's beyond unprofessional when the host is dropping in and out throughout the call when I'm the one in charge of training. 

Can someone PLEASE help?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @kellyb45 and @DaveB1, thank you for your contributions! I am sorry that you are experiencing issues with your calls dropping during important meetings. I think the first thing we should try (this usually does the trick) is to completely uninstall the Zoom app/ reboot the device/ and then reinstall.

Once you have done this, please test and get back to me.

Thanks!
Carla
Zoom Community Team

Please mark this reply as an Accepted Solution if it answered your question. 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

DaveB1
Listener

HI and totally understand.  MY Zoom calls are with clients and I get 'internet unstable' messages as the video and audio freeze.  My work around is keep the meeting, and call client on the phone (turn off computer audio.) Looking for resolution.  Comcast reports internet/modem are active and communicating correctly.  What is minimum speed for a Zoom call?  Good luck.  Dave

Hi Dave, 

I wish I could just call, but I have clients on once a week all together for training, so calling individually just won't work.  I'm not sure about the speed, but a manager at TDS said the speed was just fine 🙂

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @kellyb45 and @DaveB1, thank you for your contributions! I am sorry that you are experiencing issues with your calls dropping during important meetings. I think the first thing we should try (this usually does the trick) is to completely uninstall the Zoom app/ reboot the device/ and then reinstall.

Once you have done this, please test and get back to me.

Thanks!
Carla
Zoom Community Team

Please mark this reply as an Accepted Solution if it answered your question. 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi CarlaA, it ended up being our internet, so all good here. Thanks so much for offering to help.

Hi

I've been experiencing the same problems and have done as you suggested, but its still happening, any other ideas please 

Hi Lisa16 and KellyB45,

Since I upgraded to Zoom One Pro I am having the same issue of being dropped out of the meeting that I have set up but not my clients participating. They seem to have no issues. Did you ever find a solution?

Hi

I uninstalled and reinstalled, made sure all the updates were done on my laptop and rebooted everything and thankfully its all working ok. Hope that helps 

Thank you, I shall try that. 

I'm so sorry to hear of your experience.  I have not had any further issues and found the problem was not on Zoom, it was on my internet side.  I had to call my internet provider to come and fix our internet.  Maybe it could be the same for you?  Best of luck!  

I shall try that. Many thanks.