cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Meetings Closing Automatically vs Staying Open Forever

kkowals3
Listener

Hey All,

I recently started working at a new company that uses Zoom for their primary means of voice and video communication. We however use Slack as our primary means of text communication, so we use "/zoom" commands through Slack in order to conveniently create and use Zoom meetings.

I have noticed that when coworkers create Zoom meetings in Slack through the "/zoom" command, their meeting stays open seemingly forever. For instance, I am currently looking at a Zoom meeting that one of my coworkers created at 10:40 AM on October 15th. The "Join" button is still green, and I am able to join the meeting if I want to. Of course, because the meeting was created a week ago, when I join, no one is in the room but me.

kkowals3_0-1634851114618.png

When I create a Zoom meeting through the "/zoom" command, the "Join" button becomes greyed out shortly after everyone leaves the meeting, making it impossible for anyone to join that specific meeting again in the future.

kkowals3_1-1634851174179.png

Out of a desire to understand Zoom better, I've spent a while trying to figure out what is causing this difference. As far as I can tell, there is no setting to automatically destroy meeting rooms after everyone leaves. What am I missing?

Thanks for your help

1 REPLY 1

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

hi, kkowals3

It may be a problem with the default settings.

IF he set to Allow participants to join before host then anyone can join the meetings at any time.

Else he use Personal Meeting ID when scheduling or instant meeting then anyone can enter waiting room in the meeting.

Ohkawa_0-1635050463281.png

Ohkawa_2-1635050855897.png