cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Meeting with audio from a video I am playing on my host machine

FRRL
Listener

I will have to play a video for a future meeting. How must I , or what settings do I have to perform to get the audio from the video on my computer to all the connected zoom members? I am sharing the screen of the video and it plays correctly. I have a USB mic and external speakers, but I want to route the audio playing on my computer into the zoom session as host.

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @FRRL.

It's actually pretty easy to do this.  Start by clicking the green Share Screen button at the bottom of the Zoom window.  When the Share Screen window pops up, select the Advanced tab.  On the Advanced tab, click the Video button.  When you do, the two check boxes in the lower left will automatically be checked.

Ray_Harwood_0-1680143694602.png

These are what enable smooth video sharing along with the audio from the video being played.

Then click the blue Share button.  A file selection dialogue box will be displayed. Navigate to select the file to be played and click Open.  You will immediately see the Zoom Video Player window:

Ray_Harwood_1-1680143869115.png

You can click the Play icon or Pause as needed, you can adjust the volume, you can skip forward 10 seconds by clicking the Right Arrow key, etc.  When you are done playing your video, click the X in the upper right, and you will stop screen sharing.

I highly recommend playing your video in your own test meeting in advance.  And read the detailed requirements in this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360051673592-Sharing-a-recorded-video-with-sound-during-yo...

Good luck with your video sharing!!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !