cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Meeting Scheduled through Calendly

gfeidler
Listener

I've been having this issue for several weeks now and I cannot find anything to help me- my husband and I have spent countless hours trying to solve to no avail- and apparently, I'm not an important enough account for Zoom to bother to let me speak with someone to troubleshoot.

ISSUE 
* I have Zoom as a meeting location selection option on my Calendly account
* every time someone selects this option and I click to join/start the meeting in the calendar invite, it says waiting on the host to join.
* I am the host, so I click to sign in where it then just spins and spins and spins
* I then go to Zoom and sign into my actual Zoom account next, trying to join from the meeting tab, there is no record of the meeting showing on Zoom?

* I then go to the Calendly site and sign in to my account, I do see the meeting there, but when I click the link, the same thing happens...it says waiting for host to join, and will not allow me (The Host) to sign in 
* I then have to email the client apologizing and asking them to join me on Google Meet.

17 REPLIES 17

pieterbotes
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @gfeidlerthank you for your contribution to the Zoom community! We are so happy to have you here!  And everyone is important to Zoom!

Looking at your problem description it does sounds like your connection between Zoom and Calendly is not currently working as expected.  The first step here would simply be to redo the integration.  Could you please follow the steps in this article: Zoom – Help Center - Calendly.

Basically you will do the following:

Step 1:  Go to this link and make sure you are logged in as your Zoom user.  You should see a button that says "Installed". If not that could be our problem. Calendly for Zoom - Zoom App Marketplace.

Step 2:  Then go to this link and sign into Calendly to complete the integration.  https://calendly.com/integrations/zoom.

If you are still having an issue after that, we should look at the integration status on this link:  Calendly

Let me know what you see and I will work with you to resolve this.

Thanks!

gfeidler
Listener

It is all shwoing as installed and connected.  I have already tried disconnecting and reconnecting several times.  Up until a month ago, it worked fine.

I have done some initial digging and have uncovered that although I am being charged 14.99/month, my profile is showing as Basic/Free.  I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it.   I just waited on hold for 25 minutes to talk to someone- had to go to sales because it won't let me talk to support.

Answering service picked up and I left a message with them.  They said they would have someone call me.  

pieterbotes

That definitely may be part of the issue.  Just a question here but do you maybe have 2 accounts?

Thanks!

gfeidler
Listener

I do- I have my personal account, which shows as Free (correct) and I have my business account which is also showing as free (not correct).  I have checked both to confirm and the bill I am receiving is connected to the correct email address, the business one that shows as free. 

pieterbotes

Ok that definitely doesn't sound correct.  Have you tried using the Zoom Chatbot to get to a live agent?  They maybe able to assist you that way:  Zoom billing support – Zoom Help Center.

Chat bot:  click on the link above and then on the Blue circle in the bottom right hand corner to start the chat.  The virtual bot will ask you some questions but you will then get passed over to a live agent.

Web case:  fill in this form and the billing team can get back to you via email / phone.

I would suggest we get this resolved first before looking at the integration part again.

Thanks!

gfeidler
Listener

Yes - tried the chat bot.  Clicked Live agent- entered my information, then was told I am not eligible to speak to a live agent.  

pieterbotes

Hi @gfeidler 

Please go ahead and fill in this request form:

Submit a request – Zoom Help Center

Choose: Billing

Then fill in the details and "Request Type" choose: Subscription

Then under "Service Type" choose: Base Plan

Then under "About" choose:  Other

This will allow you to submit the ticket too billing.  In the meantime, I'm getting confirmation that this might be your issue related to the above problem but would like to get the billing resolved in the while I'm looking into that.

If for some odd reason you cannot get the ticket submitted to billing, then let me know.

Thank you.

Thanks!

pieterbotes

Hi @gfeidler  

Can you let me know if you have a Calendly free account or a premium subscription?

Also, did you get the web form ticket submitted to billing?

Thanks!

lisap
Listener

I have the same problem.  Did you resolve it?  How?  I have Calendly Premium Yearly. 

mtrexler
Listener

Having the same problem.  Had it last year, seemed to go away, now it's back.  Anyone solve it?

paontheinternet
Listener

Same problem here.

Has anyone zoom figured out what the issue is? 

DCH1
Listener

Same problem here too, any solutions since March?

SB015
Listener

Same problem!

whateverdakine
Listener

I am having the same issue and have used this set up between Calendly and Zoom for years. I hope I can figure it out sooner than later. Thanks 

MenopauseMamma
Listener

I'm having the same problem. I googled how to solve it a few weeks ago and it showed me to go into Calendly and enter the zoom room from there. It worked once, now I cannot find where in Calendly to connect. Every link I find on my calendar or in the confirmation email takes me to "Waiting for the host to start the meeting" The link for entering as the host shows up for a couple of seconds but dissapears before I can move my mouse to it 😞  I've been having to send my personal link to those who sign up for interviews and apologising for the appointment system not working. I pay for Zoom and Calendly, both are saying I am not eligible for support 😞 

ConjunctionLead
Listener

Same problem here and haven't been able to get it resolved.  Its so frustrating as it interferes with my note taking app also connected through the zoom marketplace.   Has anyone found an answer to this?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@ConjunctionLead -- I sent you a PM to try to assist.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !