cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Meeting Reports

SCCPC-AC
Listener

Zoom training materials on breakout sessions (bottom of final page of pdf found at https://oit.pointloma.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/05/Zoom_Managing-Breakout-Rooms.pdf and in...) indicate that it is possible to obtain attendance reports of breakout rooms if attendees register for the meeting.  We have been unable to figure out how to do that - attendee report does not appear as an option for meetings, and there are no reports identified as related to breakout rooms. The only choices we see are registration and poll reports, but we need an attendee report (could be for the entire meeting - doesn't have to just be the breakout sessions during the meeting).

Would appreciate any and all help with this.

Thank you!!

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

@SCCPC-AC, this was news to me!  The document you reference says:

Ray_Harwood_0-1649271801615.png

Note that it says you have to have the registration option turned on.

It's not clear to me that there are reporting details that will show who is in each Breakout Room and for how long, and I haven't seen any report that looks like it would show that.  You'll get meeting attendance, but not breakout room specifics, from what I've read and observed so far.

I'll have to create a couple of test cases to prove this one way or the other... but I'm expecting it's not available.  I'll update this later if I can create some tests.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

SCCPC-AC
Listener

Thank you. We did have folks register. We have not been able to obtain any kind of attendance roster at all, just the registration and poll. We need attendance rosters because we have to prepare reports with the actual amount of time each person attended.

SCCPC-AC
Listener

I just went back and checked. For this program, we registered folks by using the import from CSV function. I don't see how that would make a difference because that still results in each person being separately registered and Zoom sending out an individualized link, doesn't it?

Ray_Harwood

Okay @SCCPC-AC, I created a "registration required" meeting, registered two attendees, and put them in Breakout Rooms for a few minutes, then back to the main room, then closed the meeting.

In Admin -> Account Management -> Reports for Meetings, there are only three options: Registration, Poll, and Survey.  In the Registration Report, this is all it shows:

Ray_Harwood_0-1649280732918.png

There is not an Attendance report for Meetings, that I can find.  There is an Attendee Report for Webinars... but that won't help you until Breakout Rooms for Webinars is a thing.

Sorry... I think whoever wrote your organization's manual either weren't clear on the details, or misspoke.

There are ways to track who goes where in the API, I believe... but unless you have a class full of programming students willing to take the task on, you're probably not going to get this until someone figures out there's a market for it... then it won't be free.

You could put in a feature request at https://zoom.us/feed.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !