cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Meeting Audio Volume Always Max

eddy_poernama
Listener

There are 2 types of Webinar Zoom type, first participant allowed / can turn on/off the audio or camera icon below. In this type the audio volume in smartphone can easily turn up and down.

The second type, participants are passive,  can not turn on/off audio and camera ( no icon below usually have hand wave icon ). In this type the volume is always maximum can not turn up and down except I cross the audio icon at the left top. I always use smartphone Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro. I wonder this  bugs is on the smartphone or zoom apps ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi there!

I see that it's been a while since you reached out to Community with this issue. Have you found a solution yet? If so, feel free to share here so others might benefit from this knowledge.

It could be that in the type of webinar you experience this issue, the webinar overrides the phone's volume buttons. Zoom client sound settings can be tested and adjusted to your preference. See:

Test Your Audio Settings (Zoom video)

Testing audio before Zoom Meetings

If my reply helped guide you in the right direction, don't forget to click the Accept as Solution button! ⤵️

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! The default volume for participants of both Zoom Meetings and Zoom Webinars is controlled by the participants machine. The volume on the host computer does not affect the volume other than the ability for an attendee in a Webinar not being able to turn on/off audio (aka mute). 

I hope that this helps. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

S_K

Hi there!

I see that it's been a while since you reached out to Community with this issue. Have you found a solution yet? If so, feel free to share here so others might benefit from this knowledge.

It could be that in the type of webinar you experience this issue, the webinar overrides the phone's volume buttons. Zoom client sound settings can be tested and adjusted to your preference. See:

Test Your Audio Settings (Zoom video)

Testing audio before Zoom Meetings

If my reply helped guide you in the right direction, don't forget to click the Accept as Solution button! ⤵️

S_K

Hi! You have some responses to your discussion worth noting. Have any of these answered your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution!