cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom MSI + Group Policy - Do I Still Need the Duplicate zConfig Install Parameters?

mjhelto
Listener

I apologize if this has been asked somewhere or is found online. I tried searching and failed to find it.

I am a sysadmin and I'm currently in the process of whipping up a new script to install Zoom via MSI to my group, utilizing group policies for the management of Zoom. When I look at the management GPOs, there are a lot of duplicates between group policies and the zConfig parameters passed during install.

My question is, do I still need the zConfig parameters during the install if I'm applying a managed group policy object to the Zoom application after the fact?

Thank you, in advance, for any information or help you can provide!

Best Regards,

Matt Helton

Illinois State University

1 REPLY 1

mjhelto
Listener

In the event anyone should find this and have similar questions, here is what I found: it may or may not be necessary to include zConfig and zRecommend parameters during install if you're using GPOs. It doesn't seem to hurt it to include it so out of an abundance of caution, I just included the parameters in the install and matched them to the GPOs I set.

Perhaps in the future we'll get definitive confirmation on if the parameters are required if the GPO is in place. Until then, I plan on including the parameters during install and include the GPOs to ensure they stay how we set them!