cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Loading Time

jlegare
Listener
Hello, I have a peculiar problem I can't find info about online. It's seemingly simple but I can't find a clear reason why and I was wondering if others had that as well?
I have a user who, when trying to join meeting, have to wait between 1 to 5 minutes of loading before zoom finally open. No indications it's loading, no messages or anything. Just open the email, click on the meeting link and then nothing for like 5 minutes.
He is on Windows 11, figure that might be the case but it was working fine until few days ago. Updates are up to speed, Zoom was reinstalled clean. Any help or similar expereince would be useful, thanks !
3 REPLIES 3

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Perhaps he/she can try opening the meeting from the Zoom client itself? That way, he doesn't have to wait for Zoom to open as the client is already opened when he try to join a meeting.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

ashley27
Listener

this is also happening to me. I don't think it's a windows issue- I have a Mac 

Chipper38
Listener

Having the same issue as you are.

This just started after the last upgrade, where the meeting opens but it takes 3-5 minutes for the application to load the mic and video. Thinking it was a network issue we connected to a Verizon Jetpack and had the same issue.  Just to rule out the PC as the problem we used two others and both had the same symptoms. I know it is not a resource problem from the PC side as we are running 16 GB of RAM with Solid State drive on a fiber backbone with every firewall exception that ZOOM has published and again... everything was fine about a week ago.