cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom/Google Calendar think I'm on a Basic plan but I have a paid plan

JessicaS
Listener

A couple weeks ago, when creating a Zoom meeting through Google calendar, a warning popped up alerting me that I am on a basic plan and can only hold meetings of 40 minutes or less for three or more people. However, when I log into Zoom, it tells me that I'm licensed to host a meeting of 300 people, and when I click on "upgrade plan" in Google calendar, it takes me to Zoom, which again tells me I'm already licensed. The admin for my company also shows that I'm licensed. This has been incredibly frustrating. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @JessicaS 

Great, that means you're using the scheduler extension on Chrome or Firefox. Let's make sure you are signed in to the correct account on that, which should also sync your account with the scheduler and remove that message. 

1. In the top-right corner of Chrome or Firefox, look for the Zoom icon.
    If you don't see it, click the puzzle piece to show other extensions you have installed.  
    Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 18.16.36.png
  2. When you find the Zoom extension, click it and then click Sign Out.\
  3. Once that's done, click it again and sign in with your account details. 

With that done, your latest account info should be synced with the extension, and the 40-minute notice should be gone. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Bort

Hi @JessicaS 

Just want to confirm one thing, so that I can provide you the correct steps. When you are adding the Zoom meeting in Google Calendar, do you click Make it a Zoom Meeting or click the Add video conferencing menu? 

Hi @Bort 

When I add the Zoom meeting in Google Calendar, I click Make it a Zoom Meeting

Bort

Hi @JessicaS 

Great, that means you're using the scheduler extension on Chrome or Firefox. Let's make sure you are signed in to the correct account on that, which should also sync your account with the scheduler and remove that message. 

1. In the top-right corner of Chrome or Firefox, look for the Zoom icon.
    If you don't see it, click the puzzle piece to show other extensions you have installed.  
    Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 18.16.36.png
  2. When you find the Zoom extension, click it and then click Sign Out.\
  3. Once that's done, click it again and sign in with your account details. 

With that done, your latest account info should be synced with the extension, and the 40-minute notice should be gone. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you @Bort! That did the trick!

MarvSmith
Listener

I am having the same issue as well. In fact, although my account is charged each month, the Zoom system doesn't recognize me.

Bort

Hi @MarvSmith 

Can you answer the same question as above? When you are adding the Zoom meeting in Google Calendar, do you click Make it a Zoom Meeting or click the Add video conferencing menu?

Also, how do I unhook my Zoom account from Google workspace?  Is there a way to do that?

MarvSmith
Listener

I have Zoom for Google Workspace installed.  My challenge is that I am being invoiced each month for my Zoom service, but my Google account thinks it's a free account.  How do I change that?  

Bort

Hi @MarvSmith 

First up, make sure the license is assigned to your user profile on the Users page: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004976063-Assigning-Zoom-licenses

Once that is done, you try scheduling again, as the Zoom for Google Workspace add-on should sync every time you schedule a meeting.