cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Freezing During Install - Windows 11 Issue?

ZoomUser12345
Listener

Does anybody else experience their zoom desktop client unable to launch a meeting? 

When I try to join a meeting my zoom freezes (picture attached) and I then my computer freezes. I've tried to uninstall, reinstall, but problem persists. I'm wondering if it's a Zoom-Windows 11 issue?

Any information you can provide would be a great help!

4 REPLIES 4

ChrisO
Note Taker

Hi ZoomUser12345,

Are you able to join meetings via a web browser instead of the app? Also, I would start with disabling hardware acceleration and see if that resolves the issue.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

ZoomUser12345
Listener

Based on what I found online, I it looks like I need to disable the hardware accelerator through the Zoom Desktop client. Unfortunately, whenever I try to open the zoom desktop client, it freezes (image attached). 

I've tried to join the the web browser, but it loads very slowly. I get the message "page unresponsive". If I wait for another minute it will load, but I don't think this is a feasible workaround for business meetings. 

Thanks for your thoughts ChrisO

You could try using the MSI installer instead of the exe install. Look for it under downloads for IT admins. Create a batch file with the following commands:

msiexec /q /i "%~dp0ZoomInstallerFull.msi" /quiet /qn zRecommend="EnableHardwareAccForVideoSend=0" zRecommend="EnableHardwareAccForVideoReceive=0" zRecommend="EnableGPUComputeUtilization=0"

Place both the batch file and the msi into the same folder and run the batch as admin.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

ZoomUser12345
Listener

I installed two Windows 11 updates and it has appeared to solve the problem. Fingers crossed. I'll be testing zoom during a few meetings later this week. Thanks for your help ChrisO.