cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Dual Monitors Option Greyed Out [Mac]

BeerFuelledDude
Listener

I'm using a MacBook Pro, for work, and Zoom does not let me tick the box 'Use Dual Monitors' from the general settings. 

My Zoom install is company service desk controlled with jamf but they say they haven't controlled the option. I've tried reinstalling Zoom through the self service but that hasn't worked.

My dual monitor is controlled through a DispalyLink 4k with the latest software. The Mac is 16-inch 2019 i7 16Gb with Monterey.

Does anyone have any idea what I could do to get it working? Or, what I could ask IT to look for on their end?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @BeerFuelledDude ! Welcome to the Zoom Community. I just realized you didn't receive a reply to your post. Are you still having this issue? If so, please check out the following knowledge base article and let me know if that helps! https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362583-Using-Zoom-desktop-client-with-dual-monitors

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi @CarlaA ,

The issue still remains for m1 max user for the Zoom dual monitor setting is still disabled and even the the version of 5.11.10 still unable to toggle it back to on. 

I have attached a screenshot of this issue.

Thanks,

Jason

marcocom
Listener

Its funny but my issue is that Dual monitors is enabled and greyed-out and impossible to disable.

why is my zoom app full of all these greyed-out options, as if there is some higher administrator on my personal phone.  its very bad UX

Hi @marcocom , 

Please read through this article and make sure that you meet all prerequisites for Dual Monitor: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362583-Using-Zoom-desktop-client-with-dual-monitors.

This article will also walk you through enabling this feature. If it is still grayed out and you meet all requirements, please let me know!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

I have the same issue with "Use dual monitors" greyed out. The link/article you attached is not useful--I meet all of the requirements for use of a dual monitor on my Mac.  Is this something new and there has been a downgrade of features for the "Basic Zoom" user?  

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @GWP ! Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the Zoom app by following these steps:

Open the Zoom desktop application.
1. Select zoom.us at the top of your screen and select Uninstall Zoom.
2. Select OK to confirm uninstalling the Zoom desktop application and all of its components.
3. Once completed, reinstall Zoom on our download center.

For more information, you may refer to this article link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati....

Once done reinstalling, please sign in to your Zoom account and recheck if the setting is still enabled and greyed out. 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

jc_kakashi06
Listener

I solved the issue by downloading the m chip version of Zoom software.

Please remember to download the correct Zoom version for your mac.

If your mac is using Intel chip then you need to download the Intel Chip version.

Warmly,

Jason