cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Client on Mac Monterey not launching

Ytallent
Listener

I have a new Mac Book Air with Monterey loaded and use Safari. I cannot get Zoom client to launch - toddles between admit and launch but does not launch. I have deleted Zoom Client and reloaded - no difference. I then launch my meeting through the browser but the video goes about 5 minutes into the meeting. Any help? 

7 REPLIES 7

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Ytallent, welcome to the Zoom Community! Are you receiving an error message? If so, please provide a screenshot. Can you also try removing Zoom via the installer by going to Applications -> right-clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file. Then re-install Zoom by going on this link: https://zoom.us/download. Restart your computer and then try again. Keep me updated!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi!

Tried using this method.  Uninstalled twice and reinstalled but still wont work on Mac w/ apple chip.  I used the  install for mac with apple chip.  Any other recourse to this problem?

I am having the same problem on my MacBook Air.  I've deleted and reinstalled several times, and tried the full installer version for Macs with Apple Silicon chips.  I can get to the browser version without any issue but the desktop client simply will not open.  There is no error message.

L-1945
Listener

@Ytallent wrote:

I have a new Mac Book Air with Monterey loaded and use Safari. I cannot get Zoom client to launch - toddles between admit and launch but does not launch. I have deleted Zoom Client and reloaded - no difference. I then launch my meeting through the browser but the video goes about 5 minutes into the meeting. Any help? 

Same problem here.  

L-1945
Listener

On a MacBook Pro, can't we just drag the file to trash? 

WillMedd
Listener

I have the same problem and despite reloading zoom, and update Monterey, it still does it. It's become very unreliable for meetings. I've been in touch with Apple who don't seem to have a solution.

mpannazzo
Listener

I'm in IT and our users who upgrade to Monterey 12.6 are no longer able to launch the Zoom client.  I've tried everything on the web to no avail. Very frustrating ...