cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Client - new feature popup notification

Eric_R
Listener

Hi all,

is it possible to disable/hide for all our users the popup notification which appears most after updating to a newer zoom client?

Eric_R_0-1664367161620.png

Regards,

Eric

6 REPLIES 6

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Eric_R 

No, not that I am aware of. I maintain the MSI and GPO articles and there is nothing specific to those notifications. They are just to draw attention to new features and do not appear again after being dismissed. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hi Bort,

bad to hear there is no option to hide this.

Biggest issue is that these popups are displayed in english but zoom client is set to german. It would be great when zoom is taking care about different languages. Had the same for the whiteboard feature. All GUIs are displayed in english 😞

I have users that connect to non-persistent VDIs, so these settings popup everyday.

So I had couple of questions about mitigating this for our user community.

Is adding the ability to silence the notifications in a GPO on the road map?

How does Zoom know that the user has dismissed the popups?

Are there files or registry entries that can be tracked?

They do indeed appear again after being dismissed if it's within non-persistent machine environment such as Citrix.

Bort, could you describe how exactly the software checks to see if these new feature notifications have been previously displayed to the user? If we understood how that worked, maybe we could use a user profile solution to make sure that once the user logs into our Citrix environment again, they are not presented with the feature pop ups.

Hi Bort! But what if I don't want any new features? I use zoom only because the company I work for uses it. The only thing I want is UNINTERRUPTED communication with my colleagues. And the only NEW feature I'd love to see is drastically improved performance, so it doesn't take that much time to do the basic actions like open an app or to join a meeting.

martyk
Listener

I need the ability to disable popup notifications. I have ADHD, and this causes problems for my neurotypical brain. Please think of it as an accessibility issue. I will uninstall the client if I cannot remove popups soon, and ask meeting holders to use a different application.